saw first buck of the year!!!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

saw first buck of the year!!!

Postby missed mallards » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:44 pm

got to see the first antlered deer today on my trip home. all i could see was horn's standing in a big bean field. was a nice deer from what i could tell, it was sporting some tall tine's i know for sure. came home and got bow and began to shoot. good case senerio

season ain't to far away and them there horn's made the ole heart a pumpin. any one know where i can shoot in starkville?

have another ? what all do i need to check when i lengthen my draw length? my peep sight stayed the same and the arrow's still fit but what else is there to check? thanks'
REBEL DUCK
Duck South Addict

Postby REBEL DUCK » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:50 am

yeah i been watching them in the bean field and saw a good little buck for the first time yesterday. I like these coats they are sporting makes em easy to spot. :shock:
Get in where you fit in!
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:22 am

i was planting peas friday and walked up on my first fawn of the year...laying at the edge of a plowed field with head on the ground and eyes the size of silver dollars...mom was only a short distance away.everyone looked healthy...

seen the first velvet horns a week ago...

judge jb
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:26 pm

saw a 1 yr old spike and his twin sister friday evening. In the national park we went to over the weekend they are as tame as pets. These two walked along the side of the road beside our van with the sliding side doors open and kids excitedly screaming about "Look at the deer" the deer just fed along like we weren't even there.
Now about your draw length adjustment. since everything on the bow like sights and your arrows are long enough to support the change etc. The next thing I would check would be your sights. Approx. every inch of draw length you gain, you will gain roughly 10 fps. It shouldn't make much difference at 20 yards, but out farther it could. Since you probably changed draw lengths either modular or different nipple on the cam for your string all things stayed the same otherwise.
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”