Deer Hunting From Ground Blind

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Hooded Merganzer
Veteran

Deer Hunting From Ground Blind

Postby Hooded Merganzer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm

I recently purchased a ground blind to deer hunt a place that has very few options other than a ground
blind to hunt from and wanted some feedback/hunting tips/success stories/etc. regarding experiences while hunting from one. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or feedback.
HM
leadsthebest
Veteran

Re: Deer Hunting From Ground Blind

Postby leadsthebest » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Brush it in good well before planning to hunt it. I bow hunt out of them 95% of the time.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:38 pm

like stated above, brush it in good. try to find a bush or thicket to back it up to helps break up the silhouette, too. i generally wear black or gray and try to sit back in the shadow of a corner (with windows behind me closed). a shooting stick helps, especially if you have to take an awkward weak side shot.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
leadsthebest
Veteran

Postby leadsthebest » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:35 am

I agree with all above. Are your bow hunting or rifle hunting? How far do you expect the deer to be? If bow for sure wear black shirt, facemask and gloves. Don't open all windows. Only open the ones necessary. If rifle over 100 then you can get away with a lot.
Hooded Merganzer
Veteran

Postby Hooded Merganzer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Primarily for rifle hunting, but possibly bow if area is productive. Set up is probably 40-50 yards from a foodplot on a narrow road thru a pine thicket.

Thanks for the tips and advice. This is all new to me with deer hunting.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”