Covert Blackhawk

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

Covert Blackhawk

Postby Chuckle12 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

My wife bought me a Covert Blackhawk for my birthday. She bought the Verizon series. I have cspire service. Will it work with the verizon camera? If not, what will?
Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: Covert Blackhawk

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 am

I found them on sale for 250 the other day and my father-in-law picked one up for security at their old home place. I set it up for him just a few days ago.

Service is acquired directly through Covert. Which cell phone carrier you use for your phone makes no difference. It's completely separate. Also, it was sort of hidden in the back of the options, but there is a $9.99/month plan that sends 500 photos per month. The way they have it setup, it seemed to want me to think the $14.99/month plan was the cheapest one.

Bottom line, if there is Verizon service where you're going to use the camera, you're good to go. If not, return it if you can and get the ATT version.

You'll still be able to interface phone-to-camera using the Covert Wireless mobile app.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:34 am

You'll have to purchase Verizon service for the camera. You can not use CSpire since the camera is configured to that particular network.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
olemossyhorns

Postby olemossyhorns » Tue May 23, 2017 10:55 am

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “General Discussion Forum”