Blue Tongue

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jeffro B
Regular

Blue Tongue

Postby Jeffro B » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:55 pm

I killed an 8 point Sunday morning and I noticed his hooves were cracked up real bad and the deer was very poor. I took it to the meat processor and he also pointed out the swelling above the hooves that looked like baseballs. He said it was blue tounge . After he dressed it he called me to come look at the meat and it had a yellowish tent to it so I told him to throw it away. The internet says it is safe to eat, but I would not chance it. The deer was killed in the hills in Tallahatchie County. Anyone else hearing or seeing this?
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Re: Blue Tongue

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:37 am

Brother it's nothing new in Mississippi...when I was with MDWFP I saw it all the time...from the top of the state to the bottom...some get over it...others you will find dead around water
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:54 am

Mid 90s there was a place in Tallahatchie that had a huge outbreak. I remember some buddies showing me some huge bucks they found.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
CHIKNDR

Postby CHIKNDR » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:06 pm

I remember a case of blue tongue in the sheep herd whenI was at Mississippi State way back when. It worked its way over to the deer pens and got in the herd there.
There's a back story in there as well that cost me a heap of money but it's a story being told on campus still to this day. My daughter heard it no less than 3 times each semester she was there. Only spoke up about it once though.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”