Who gets the deer? Discussion Topic.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Who gets the deer? Discussion Topic.

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:53 pm

How about they split the meat and each get to hang the mount on the wall 6 months of the year.
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:05 am

It is hunter B's Deer.

BUT

I lived this same situation with a 150" 11 point several years ago. A buddy shot it in the back leg. After a half a day of trailing I shot the deer while it was swimming a slough. (3 legged deer still can swim fast and sink like a brick when you shoot them). He looked at me and said technically it is your deer, I just laughed cause never ever ever would I have considered that MY deer.
There will be a day....
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am

If the deer is killed during a search effort due to being shot by Hunter A, it belongs to Hunter A. Shot placement and mortal wounds are irrelevant.

If the deer is killed by someone (Hunter B) hunting of their own volition and not related to the search for the deer shot by Hunter A, it belongs to Hunter B. That's my take.

So in the OP's specific example, Hunter A gets the deer.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “General Discussion Forum”