Buck Gets #2

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Buck Gets #2

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Ok let Dad brag a little.

Buck usually likes to hunt on Wednesday afternoons...it about the only day of the week we do not a sporting function with school going on. Well I pick him up from school last Wednesday 10/7 and he said....Dad I am not going to hunt today, I have been thinking about a spot on the farm all day at school and I want to go pout a blind in it....and thats what we did. The spot he had been thinking about was a natural funnel in the middle of a 3 year old cutover between a creek and some small pines that were left when they clear cut it..its a lane that is all broom sage and young briers. This was all on his own...no input from dad

When we got in there all the trees were rubbed and the smaller ones were broke in half... deer droppings were everywhere....we got the blind set and some trail cameras out....he made me take him back Friday with a weed eater and he used two full rolls of string clearing lanes .... oh and the trail cam had two bucks...the one he took and another we will call "Madusa".

Saturday morning was uneventful....but it all came together that afternoon. He told me that two bucks had started fighting about 60 yards to his left, he could see the briers and sage move but could not see either deer.....about 5 minutes later this buck comes slipping from where all the commotion was...one well placed shot and Buck has his largest bow kill to date.

Not the largest on the farm but it weighted 195 lbs....and another skull mount to add to Buck growing trophy room
Attachments
IMG_1906.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Re: Buck Gets #2

Postby champcaller » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Congrats!
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
mshunter77