Hoping this little dude will do the trick this year

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Hoping this little dude will do the trick this year

Postby cwink » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Been trying to get my son on a deer for the past few years.. He is somewhat gun-shy (doesn't like the loud noises) and after a few missed opportunities 2 years ago and my blowing out my knee last year I hope this little dude will produce his first deer.

It is the same Thompson Center Contender I had a few years ago, but I have "enhanced it" It now has an adjustable pistol grip stock, with a redfield 2x7x32 scope and a 16.5" threaded 6.8SPC barrel with a Dixie Precision suppressor on it. With a 120 grain 27 Caliber Hornady SST bullet traveling 2,460 FPS it is 2.2 inches high at 100 Yards and dead on at 200.
Attachments
TC6.8.jpg
Last edited by cwink on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Roach
Duck South Addict

Re: Hoping this little dude will do the trick this year

Postby Roach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:39 pm

That is AWESOME!
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Heck I want to shoot a deer with that.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 am

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:32 pm

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:39 am

Finally got him out to the range with it to test it out ( I have shot it a bunch :D ). This was his first time shooting this gun. He shot my 300 Blackout suppressed a few weeks ago but I could only get him to shoot it once and he missed the target and was done.. It has been hard for him, because is right handed, but left eye dominate so we have been teaching him to shoot left handed, which makes it harder...

So this time I pulled out all the instructor tricks (why I didn't do that before, I have no idea).. Took the time to get it set up right and dry fired a bunch, Assisted him on pulling the trigger by using my finger on top of his to teach him how to squeeeezeee the trigger.

His first shot was low left, so I pulled the ball and dummy trick on him to show him he was flinching. He was still nervous about the recoil and noise. I fired it once just to show him where is should hit. He then put 2 shots in the same hole. He was excited and sprinted back ad forth to the target to see where he hit.. Maybe it has finally clicked with him.

Now we just got to get him on a deer..
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”