1st Trophy with Bow

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
littlesmacko89
Veteran

1st Trophy with Bow

Postby littlesmacko89 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Well I know y'all like stories so here is mine. A buddy of mine I work with asked me if he could use my dad's tractor. Well of course I asked my dad and he said yea. Well I had to go into work at 8:30 that evening so I asked my buddy while he was on the tractor could I go hunt. He said yea and he told me to try an oak flat behind his guest house. He had mentioned that he had some big bucks on his property but I didn't believe him. I brought all my stuff for work and for hunting. He didn't bow hunt so I brought my climber and I went behind the guest house. On first glance I was like there is no way I will be able to get a shot off so my hopes were down at the start. Well I found a bottom with a creek running through it and had a bunch of white oaks in the mix of all the oaks. I decided to hunt in the south side of the creek in a corner where a older cutover met the woods. The evening went on and I had a doe come up from behind me and of course she spotted me some way and decided to go back into the thicket. Luckily she didn't blow. About 30 min later I heard something coming down the bottom and by the time I saw them they were gone. They were just two does but were out of range and to thick to even think about getting a shot. Well it wasn't 10 min the same two does come trotting out of the thicket where they came in. I had no clue what spooked them. Well by this time it was getting to the point you can't see your sights. I checked my sights and I could still see them but barely. Well I listened and decided it was time to get down because I didn't hear anything coming. As soon as I took my gloves, mask, and release off I heard something walking towards me. I went ahead and put my release back on and by that time he was at 25 yards. Still was to thick and then he stepped into the one opening I had in his path and I got him stopped. At full draw he stopped and I put a stamp on him. Apparently he was closer than what I thought cause I dropped him in his tracks. WHAT NO WAY is what I said. I hit him right about the front shoulder in the back. Bad shot I know but no trailing needed. I did a follow up shot and it finished him off quickly instead of letting him suffer. On the way down the tree I have no clue how I didn't fall cause that is the fastest I ever came down. Needless to say I was excited beyond anything experienced. Of course I called my dad and got him on the way cause I knew I had to drag this thing up the big freaking hill I walked down earlier. Well I have to say this because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't do any of the hunting I do. My dad introduced me to hunting when I was 4 years old. I have been hunting ever since. This old man is the reason I hunt and I'm totally thankful for that. It is because of him that I got this trophy yesterday evening so with that said a big thank you to my dad. Love ya old man. My dad and girlfriend came and picked up the deer and was starting to clean it by the time I got ready for work and back to the house. I didn't get measurements of every tine but it had 17 1/2" inside spread and 22" main beams. 9 points total and some junk by the base.

Inside spread
Duck Chaser
Veteran

Re: 1st Trophy with Bow

Postby Duck Chaser » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:43 pm

Good story and deer. Congrats!
HRCH Rusty MH
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:00 am

Good job on a nice buck
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:26 am

Nice buck. Congrats!
SHERMANATOR
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 am

Littlesmacko....all growd up and gettin' it done...CONGRATS Brotha! 8) 8) 8)
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 pm

good job. your uncle todd teach you those skills?
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
littlesmacko89
Veteran

Postby littlesmacko89 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:31 pm

naw gotta be my dad even though my uncle todd showed me what to look for when i go to public land. Ive killed 3 all together already and the other 2 where on public land

Return to “General Discussion Forum”