Gum Branch Hunting club has 2 openings for 2014-15

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Gum Branch Hunting club has 2 openings for 2014-15

Postby MSDuckmen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:15 pm

The Gum Branch Hunting club has a couple opening for the 2014-15 seasons.
Our club is located between Louisville and Sturgis Mississippi in the hills of the Choctaw National forest and surrounding area. The club privately leases 2400 acres of land and has up to 30 shooting houses on food plots. We have 21 members.
The topography of the land is everything from fresh cutover to old growth hardwood. We have swamp bottoms and pine thickets. Our lease land is split by the little Noxubee river and we take several nice bucks a year. Our harvest for the 2013/14 season was 54 deer.
Our camp has a cook house and a bunk house that sleeps 14. Many members have their own campers that they stay in so there is always plenty of room.
We are not on a management plan so we simply follow state rules for harvest purposes.
We are a still hunting club only.

One of the real benefits of the club is that we are centrally located around several public locations such as Noxubee national forest, Tombigbee national Forest and Choctaw WMA, as well as Nanih Walya, John Star, and Black Prairie which offer many great hunting opportunities.

We are like many of the old time camps that still like the primitive atmosphere as well as the nightly activities that comes with great southern hunting camps.

Dues are 750.00 per year with some work requirements so if it is something you are interested in go to our website at WWW.Gum-Branch.com and look it over. If it meets your needs then fill out the Contact us page and a representative will be contact you back and answer any additional questions and schedule a time for you to come and look things over.

Thank you for looking
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Re: Gum Branch Hunting club has 2 openings for 2014-15

Postby Dutch Dog » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:07 am

I've been in the club, they are top notch folks that have a lot of fun...even the work days are fun. My oldest daughter who began her hunting "career" there still talks about "Danny's Stand" as she calls it, where she shot and hit her first deer but unfortunately was unable to recover. The only reason we're not in it now is that we decided the 2.5 hr drive was just too much to drive 2 times every weekend. :(
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
marshman
Veteran

Postby marshman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 pm

I second what Dutch Dog stated. I was in it at one time too. Great club with great people. Reason I'm not in anymore was the same as Dutch Dog's. It just became too far of a drive for me.
MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDuckmen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks guys we enjoyed both of you while you were members of the camp. You know you can still come and visit once and awhile. Many of the same members there and I know they would love to see both of you.
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Danny, if I can talk John G into it we may just come down and visit y'all this year. Y'all still allow guests??
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDuckmen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:19 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”