Crossbow Info

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
gotduck

Crossbow Info

Postby gotduck » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Looking to possibly buy a crossbow. Give me your opinions, make, who to buy it from. Thanks
TK
Regular

Re: Crossbow Info

Postby TK » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Due to back problems I bought a crossbow last year. I went with Ten Point. They have a real good reputation and seem to be well built. I also personally like the winch system for drawing the crossbow rather than manual. A 50 yard shot is routine with mine. Also you can hunt out of a shoot house.

I will tell you to avoid the Barnett Ghost 410. I know two people that had their limb break on the 410 a month after purchase. Other than the ghost 410 Barnett has a good reputation.

My dad bought a Winchester and it's a nice crossbow but it is not available with a winch.
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:30 am

The mission 320 by Matthews is very nice. They are a lot more compact than the crossbows used to be. My dad bought my son one and I like it so far. Have only shot at 40 yards with it so far but very accurate. My dad had an older ten point that was very accurate also but it was much bigger and louder also.
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:51 pm

mission just came out with the MXB 400. I'm probably gonna get one for doe poking next year. should be fun.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
robby2002
Regular

Postby robby2002 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:14 am

Try the Stryker. Own my own archery shop. I have a full line of crossbows. The Stryker is the smallest, easiest to pack, and the most "well built" of the ones I have tried and shot. It's also the most efficient of all on the market. With 125 lb draw. It's 25 to 50lbs less draw weight than anything else on the market, and still shooting 350 fps. They also have the smallest limb width, and shortest string travel.
They are very easy to shoot, come standard with a match grade 2.5 to 3 lb trigger. By far they are the best for the money.

I had Ten Point for a while. I liked them...and I will not talk bad about any product, it's just the Stryker is better for the money and just a better all around model and weapon.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”