Glascock Island Buck

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jay Dufour
Veteran

Glascock Island Buck

Postby Jay Dufour » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:01 am

Shot him Sunday evening with the Winchester ballistic silvertip 150 gr 7MM .I see what ya'll mean regarding no blood.He dropped in his steps,and good thing,as there was no exit and no blood at all. He was about 160 yards out. The shot was into his right side behind shoulder. Processor says 11 point 240 Lbs. We made 5 hunts over the weekend and I let some pretty nice 8s pass.
craziehunter18
Veteran

Re: Glascock Island Buck

Postby craziehunter18 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:51 am

I shot a deer Sunday at 280 yards with that same round out of my 300WSM, perfect behind the shoulder shot (no bone hit). The lead fragmented and did not exit the opposite side. This was a first for me. Normal shot with this round drops them in the track and leaves a large exit hole. I shot a deer Monday morning at 219 yards with devastating results on her end.
Evin

[size=150]TEAM ADVOCARE[/size]

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. -1Thessalonians 5:16-17
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 am

nice Jay....i really dont understand the deals with the BT...now i shoot Fed 130 nossler BT in my 270 Boss and been shooting them since 93..i have never not had a pass thru with loads of blood and damage ..20 yds out to 453 yds ever had one run more than 20 yds if they didnt drop in the tracks....from what i am reading it looks like its the Win Silver that are having the probs....
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
Jay Dufour
Veteran

Postby Jay Dufour » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:44 am

I've shot five since I bought the Winchester ballistic silvertips 150 . All dropped dead. I do understand the issue with no exit ,no blood though. See you at your hunt test Rick !

Return to “General Discussion Forum”