YOUTH KILLS

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
BBR12
Veteran

YOUTH KILLS

Postby BBR12 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:50 am

This is my 8 yr olds first deer. He hasn't ever wanted to hunt much until this yr but I think he is hooked now. They tell their name every Sunday at Childrens Church and he introduced himself as Cooper "the buck slayer".

To start off with we had pictures of a gimped up 8 pt and a funky racked 5pt in this food plot. I was walking in on Friday evening to hunt behind the plot and the gimped up 8 and 3 other deer were already in the plot feeding around at 3:15. I backed out with high hopes for Saturday evening. Saturday we headed in a little before 3 in hopes to beat the deer but still be able to stay till dark. We made it almost to the stand when one tore out of the bottom to our left and stood over on the other hill and blew for the next five minutes. We got in the stand sat and read books till about 4:30 when a 1yr old 4 pt and a doe came in the plot. I talked him into waiting to see if any more deer came in as long as these were feeding. Well about 5:05 he had watched long enough and looked at me and said I want to kill this one. So he starts to get an aim when I see the doe start looking back at the woods and out walks the 5 pt. We got resituated around and got a good rest and he squeezed of the .243 the deer buckled up and bounce out of the plot. After about 5 min we walked down to look for blood and could hear him kicking just inside the woods so we went home and changed clothes and came back about an hr later and retrieved him.

HR Reid's Shasta Daisy

aka Choclabs
meddawg
Regular

Re: YOUTH KILLS

Postby meddawg » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:09 pm

That's awesome. Neat rack for a 1st deer. How much did he weigh? He looks to be 180+.
vicksburg
Duck South Addict

Postby vicksburg » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Awesome! Congrats to your boy!
>>>>--------------------------------->

Quinn
thcobb1
Veteran

Postby thcobb1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 pm

congrats
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Congrats!!! Large bodied deer for sure!!! Be sure to transfer some pix to the sticky posted up top too!!
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”