Draw Hunts on Federal Refuges & gov shut down

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Draw Hunts on Federal Refuges & gov shut down

Postby jdbuckshot » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:10 am

I usually put in for a few draws on the Roosevelt complex,

do yall think its going to be a bust this year with the refuges being closed?
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
DoubleBandMS
Veteran

Re: Draw Hunts on Federal Refuges & gov shut down

Postby DoubleBandMS » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Not at all. They will be back open very shortly, this is just a short-term BS game that our elected officials are playing. I know it's a headache for the people that hunt public lands.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 pm

IF the shutdown is still in effect come November 9 rest assured they will put me in the po po for hunting NWR in Venice for opening weekend of duck season. I sure hope it's over by then.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Try again tomorrow about lunch.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:12 am

^^ got an email from harper last night stating that they ended the gridlock last night...temp resolution through jan for one part and feb for the other.

Good evening,

The House voted tonight to end the 16-day-old government shutdown and to protect the full faith and credit of the United States.

While I was not satisfied with the agreement that was reached, I believe that it was in the best interest of the country to end the shutdown and ensure that our debts are paid. We cannot default on our obligations. I would like to make a few points.

The bill passed by the Senate and House will fund the government through a continuing resolution (CR) until January 15, 2014. It will also extend the nation's borrowing authority through February 7, 2014. The CR will fund the government at existing lower sequestration levels. Keep in mind that for the first time since the Korean War, we have reduced overall federal spending two years in a row. The CR will require both chambers to appoint conferees to a budget committee, which hasn't happened in the nearly five years I've been in Congress.

It is important to remember that an increase in the debt limit, or borrowing authority, is not an authorization for an increase in new spending. It simply allows the treasury to pay debts already incurred. I firmly believe that future spending must be decreased.

Since the enactment of Obamacare, I have been committed to repealing, defunding and reforming the law, and I have voted over 40 times to do just that. The most recent of those votes came just before a shutdown of the federal government. The bill passed tonight will help ensure income verification on those receiving subsidies under the healthcare exchanges. And while it's certainly not close to everything I wanted, I believe it's a step forward as we continue to chip away at the law. I will remain vigilant in supporting efforts that oppose this train wreck known as Obamacare.

Tonight, we put furloughed Department of Defense civilians who support our troops back to work and Veterans Home Administration loans to vets back on track; we gave stability to the financial markets and our hometown bankers and small businesses; and we're staying on track to reduce spending and peel back Obamacare.

The people of Mississippi's Third Congressional District sent me to Washington to work for them, and part of my job is to help ensure a functioning government and to honor our obligations. Tonight, that's what I did.

God Bless,

Gregg Harper
Member of Congress

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”