Game Cameras

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bustercat64
Veteran

Game Cameras

Postby bustercat64 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:10 pm

I have never really used them I have been hunting the same land for over 35 years so I think I know the best areas hunt. I am needing to know which camera is the best for the money and how people use them. What I see people mostly put them up around feeders and such. I can see the advantages of having them that is why I'm thinking about getting a couple just to see what is going on. I figure I only have a year or two left to hunt on my own before the grand kids will be tagging along every weekend so I am going to go hard this year to try to put a couple on the wall.
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Re: Game Cameras

Postby RebelYelp » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Covert's MP series are hard to beat for the money... That's what we sell the most of by far.
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Depends on your budget really. If you ask 10 different people, they will recommend 5 or 6 different cameras.
Online reviews only confused me more to be honest. Hard to understand how some people rave about a certain cam while others give it one star & terrible reviews.
Search this forum & find some suggestions. Might want to also post in on general discussion. I just bought a Browning Strike force that came highly recommended, but haven't used it yet. Also hear good reviews on Moultrie 880i & Bushnell Trophy Cam, but I haven't used either personally.
I'll tell you this for certain...........I'm not impressed with Wildgame Innovations!

I'm going to have to try one of the Coverts. What do they run Jake?
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:31 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:23 am

i've got a covert 60, covert 40 and an older model. 60 is a "run away" and won't shut off (most likely water damage from a bad seal), 40 and older model are doing fine. from all that i've read, covert is more hit and miss on getting a good camera than others, but when they work they work well.
880i is working fine and have good battery life with lithium batteries, and bushnell hd is working fine. these two seem to be my best battery life and pic quality cams. haven't experienced browning, but hear good things on their later models.

*cracked 60 open and most all connects are rusty, as well as all of the screw heads. oh well, got a good year and a half out of it....fairly deep discount on a demo model with no warranty.
Last edited by donia on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:17 am

Coverts for me for about the last 8 years. I love em
There will be a day....
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 am

Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:30 am

I have been running the bushnell trophy cams for the last several years with very good luck. But there are several good cams on the market these days but I would pass on the wild game. Have heard good things on the wild game.
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:00 pm

coverts and moultries for me. For the price, you can't beat them.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”