Need a new bow

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Need a new bow

Postby Blackduck » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Going to get back into it. Leaning toward a bowtech. I know the mathews are pretty popular around here. Plan on pulling the trigger sometimes this summer. That is all
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

blgros1
Duck South Addict

Re: Need a new bow

Postby blgros1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:28 pm

I just did the same thing. And had both brands on the table as well. Ended up going with the Matthews Creed XS. Been shooting it for a month or so now and it's a bad little dude. My draw length is only 26 inches so a small frame bow suits me better plus it makes it easier to deal with hunting in tight quarters. I hadn't rigged out a new bow for a good while and well let's just say I've got more in it than most all of my gun setups.
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 am

I have been shooting Bowtech for the last 7 years. Still shooting my Admiral....would love a newer model but just cant seem to let this one go.....I really think they are all great bows....hoyt, matthews, etc. You will get the die hards on here that knock this and knock that mine is better than ya ya................shoot what you like
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 am

Shoot as many as you can then go to archerytalk.com and buy a used one for half the price.

I shot a bunch and Hoyt felt by far the most comfortable and shootable for me, but it's different for everyone. They all get the job done, especially wit a good heavy arrow and broad head. I bought a essentially brand new Hoyt faktor for $650 and it's been great.

We should get a group and shoot a 3d shoot sometime. Me and a few buckets went to yazoo city and state games in meridian shoot. Good time.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Like they said, the most important thing is what feels good to you. I've held Hoyt's, PSE's, Bowtech's, and I always go back to a Mathews for it's feel in my hand. I would most definitely go to different bow shops and shoot different brands........you'll immediately know when you get the right one for your tastes.
randywallace
Veteran

Postby randywallace » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:27 am

Saw this one the other day and it sounded like a good deal on a Mathews Z7 Extreme.

http://forums.bullnettlenews.com/14-ann ... treme.html
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:25 am

I sell Elite and PSE, like others have said, shoot all you can and see what's comfortable for you. I personally hunt with a PSE Full Throttle, but the new Elite Synergy's are pretty dang sweet too, i've been tempted to switch ! Let me know if I can help you any.
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....

Return to “General Discussion Forum”