Mighty quiet in here...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Mighty quiet in here...

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 am

...to be so close to the season. Everybody got the bows dialed in? Stands hung? P&Y tied up to a tree?

Can't hunt til Sunday myself.
SHERMANATOR
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: Mighty quiet in here...

Postby mfalkner » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 am

Deer are still scattered on our place but acorns beginning to fall. Need a good cool front w/ some rain.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:56 am

It's been one of the most active seasons yet, and I've yet to get in a tree!

I've had a deer on our place for going on 4 years now I've never seen. I would suspect he's nocturnal however, he's eluded every camera I've ever sat out. Until this year! Sadly, his body is in full view, yet his head gear is 50% hidden. It would be the equivalent of comparing a 14 hand horse (average 4.5 yr old bucks) to him (18 Hands). I've only received 1 good picture this year of him, and the picture didn't show the whole "story" but from the few pages I saw, I'm pretty excited. He's been a ghost his whole life, and even standing in front of the camera, he still has that talent. Weird to say I have many pictures of him, just nothing where I can truly see 'him'.

I don't know much about him, except his yearly habits. He's already rubbed his stomping ground tree's, yet, he's walked a complete circle to avoid the camera. He makes a big loop every week, however, I have yet to figure out why, where, or anything of the nature as a way of a pattern. I can tell you within 40 yards of how he enters our place, but through the years, have never seen how he leaves. This year, I'm going to devote the season to him.

As far as stands, I've yet to find that 'spot'. Through the last few months of cat and mouse, he's lived this long for several reasons. learning a whole lot about our place thou and oddly enough, him. How I'm going to kill him is pure luck, but I'm ready.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

I'll be in a tree overlooking about twelve persimmon trees at first light Wednesday morning.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 am

I'm in the office this morning trying to make a few sales.

i'll be between a joint vetch field and some persimmions this evening - or either on a early dropping white oak where I found a big bloody rub on Saturday.

SE winds sucks - my least favorite wind.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:39 am

I'm probably going to wait and take off Friday; we are supposed to get some storms Thursday night that should put acorns on the ground and cool it off.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:56 am

Looks like I'm gonna miss the cool weather by about a day since I can't get out until Sunday afternoon. Oh well just have to keep the Thermacell handy and dress lighter. Hopefully you guys can stick one early. I need to see some pics.... :lol:
SHERMANATOR
Hunkerdown II
Veteran

Postby Hunkerdown II » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 am

I'm up a tree in my viper. I forgot how comfortable this stand was. Sitting over a white oak flat. I've only heard 15-20 acorns hit the ground. Trees are loaded but not dropping yet.
Had 3 different deer blow at me walking in. Good luck to everyone

Return to “General Discussion Forum”