Taking a youth to SK, Canada

This forum is reserved for topics related to waterfowl hunting, waterfowl calling techniques, and waterfowl strategies. News related to the waterfowling community is also appropriate.
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Lonoke, AR

Taking a youth to SK, Canada

Postby greencaps » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 am

I'm planning on taking my 13 yo son with me to SK at the end of October. Just wondering if anyone else had taken their kid, so I can try to figure out what licenses, etc he needs. The SK Environmental site says they just need a youth license and when I called the folks, they say he needs the same licenses as I get and that's not what the website says. Any help is greatly appreciated!
GRHRCH Delta Dreams Boudreaux MH
SHR Blazin' One Hot Momma "Morgan"
Duck South Addict
Posts: 3563
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: Hernando-Gwood-Nola

Re: Taking a youth to SK, Canada

Postby novacaine » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Never carried one that young.......mine was 17 at the time so he had the same license.
I would err on the conservative side and get the same license.
Canadian authorities dont have a sense of humor when it comes to Americans, guns, and hunting.

Passport also.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:27 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Taking a youth to SK, Canada

Postby 7ducks » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:05 pm

He also has to have a firearms license:
all hunters under the age of 18 must have a minor’s firearm licence. Applications can be obtained by calling the Canadian Firearms Centre at 1-800-731-4000.
A duck call is one of the best conservation tools ever invented

Return to “Waterfowling Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest