perfect, no ducks

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: perfect, no ducks

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 am

Just an idea, for a long term approach you might bait it through an entire season and get ducks coming to it. I've heard of this approach used to imprint on ducks so that they are used to coming to a certain spot year after year, not necessarily the baiting part but developing it for waterfowl and not hunting it for 2-3 years while birds are using it.

If there are no ducks anyways during the season, you got nothing to lose except what you spend on corn.

Oh yeah, and if you do this you might want to go ahead and alert the warden prior, because they will likely find it and question you about it.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Re: perfect, no ducks

Postby novacaine » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 am

A buddy of mine has a spot just like this............between 2 loafing areas about 1/8 mile east and west of "Wanna be X".
It use to be farmed and hold ducks during the season. He went in and put water control around it and manages the water and crop. In the last 4 years he has planted corn, millet, rice, milo/millet...........
Still ducks use it early teal and then february.........a heart breaking situation as if its peepee blocked during the season.
Solution: We hunt them in february!! :lol: :shock:
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot

Return to “General Discussion Forum”