Avian x blind

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
trevor

Avian x blind

Postby trevor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:43 am

Just got a avian x blind and wanting to wrap it in something. Don't like fast grass to bulky . What else out their that's not bulky
Trevor Brewer
brewmedic@yahoo.com
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Avian x blind

Postby teul2 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:16 pm

IMHO, you should use local native grass from the area hunted. This will give the best end result, although far more time consuming. That is why they put the grass loops on there afterall.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:00 am

We use this on some of our layout blinds, and then use natural cover to conceal the rest.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/tan ... grass.html

I also use for it shooting panels, along with honey suckle vines.
trevor

Postby trevor » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:11 am

I want a base then I'll also use natural cover as well
Trevor Brewer

brewmedic@yahoo.com
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:09 pm

we hunt and use one regularly. we mudded the material, then took the fast grass mats and zip tied them on the top half of the blind (bottom 12-18' is either in water or in stubble anyway. we darkened the grass up with some spray paint. every season, we will cut some fresh Johnson grass and zip tie in bundles and fill in the rest. works great, Johnson grass holds up well and once it turns brown, blends in with all types of native grasses and rice stubble as well. we have killed a bunch of ducks out of the blind the last 3 years. when you roll the blind up, roll it so the camo is around the poles and inside so it doesn't get beat off while travelling and moving around.

p.s. if you make it through the season and hate your blind, i'll give you half your money back for the blind no questions asked :wink:
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Get the cheap burlap camo at Walmart for your backer. Then put natural on it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”