Eric Hunt strikes but again

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Mallard

Eric Hunt strikes but again

Postby Mallard » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:43 pm

I am writing this in hope that we can keep people like Eric Hunt from ruining the great sport of duck hunting. There was a post on this site a few years ago titled Eric Hunt strikes again, and I am sorry to say it has happened again. I was a member of a club he started in Waldenburg Ark along with 12 other guys from Ga and 20 other people. He contacted me and told me he was starting a club and that there would only be 7 teams of 4 totaling 28 people. There turned out to be 8 teams totaling 32.The cost of the club was to be $2500, I later found out that some club members paid $1850 some paid $2500 some paid $2750 and some paid $3250. He sent out videos and promised members we would have a buck brush farm which on the video was covered with ducks. Later he sent texts and videos of Mallard farms in Hickory ridge claiming he had leased it. It was a month before season and $2500 dollars later before we figured out this was all a scam. He sent pictures of a lodge with pool tables and dog kennels for our dogs this also was never provided, instead we had a lodge with a clothes hanger for a door knob no pool table , no dog kennels and certainly not what the pictures showed. We had asked him about his guide service and would he be hunting on club grounds to which he responded absolutely not , that he had had other ground in which he would be guiding on this also was false. The website he created for the club was not up and running till sometime in December and was a disaster. As of right now he has fired the farm manager and 3 members have been thrown out of the club for confronting him about where the money we paid went to. I hope we can stop people like Eric from taking money from people who want to come to Arkansas and enjoy this great sport. Please beware if you are looking for a club to get in make sure it is legit and you really have what you are promised.
jkmjr
Regular

Re: Eric Hunt strikes but again

Postby jkmjr » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:08 am

I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you. Apparently, there are quite a few shady individuals the pimp out duck holes. Your situation may take the cake as the most extravagant hoax I have heard about. The club I belong to had some complaints before we joined, but we took a chance and were not deceived. If you have all the videos, pictures, and correspondence I would think you would have recourse. Out of the 32 people how many feel duped? If it is a significant
number I would pool your resources and make his life suck! :twisted:
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:20 am

And he is posting to hire people to be decoy babies for the remainder of year in AR on all the duck groups lmao.

I'm sorry. He contacted me a few years ago and tried this against me on my property. I caught onto it really quick and he tucked his tail and ran. Luckily 1 guy contacted me that had hunted the property before and questioned me about it all. That's what tipped me off to what was going on.

This guy has almost ruined reputations of some good guys just by association with them. He will drag anyone's name he knows into it to defuse the situation. He is brave I will say, he does show his face at the DU events but stays outta the circles of people not to really be noticed.

If you need anything from me I'm local and down the road from him!
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 am

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:57 am

Please tell me at least one in all of those 32 people are going to bring fraud or some kind of charges against him?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Mallard

Postby Mallard » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:16 am

He told me all along we would have 7 pits and 3 timber holes instead we had 5 pits and none of the ones on the farm I hunted were ever pumped or brushed therefore useless to us. He had probably a total of $10 dollars invested in blind material which consisted of a roll of that leafy material stretched around a few trees and a few bar stools. The whole set up was a real joke. He even went as far as to ride some of the guys around on mallard farms telling them it was ours. To the best of my knowledge nothing he ever said to me over a 11 month period was the truth.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:37 pm

1. Mallard Farms is WAY too high to lease.
2. The pool table belonged to someone else and was informed.
3. Anything in pics removed from the lodge belonged to the prior club guys.
4. All the kennels needed were gates and latches.
5. Sorry y'all got caught up in this, bad deal.
Mallard

Postby Mallard » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 pm

It may be high but that is what was promised to members along with videos and even some members taken to the farm to see it. No one was ever informed that the pool table was not ours, and that the lodge would be stripped. I called and asked Eric if there was a washer and dryer and his response was " Yes Sir" he did not tell me that when you turn on the washer it floods the lodge and that members were told it would be fixed three weeks before. Instead he told me there would be a new one on Monday, this was on a Sunday before Christmas. I returned to the lodge last week and there was no washer that was just more bull. And as far as that goes I don't know about you,but it is hard to keep my dog in a kennel with no door or latch. All it amounts to is members were promised hunting ground that Eric never had. He took money for high dollar farms and we ended up with a coffee bean field instead. And he has no answer for where all the money went. You would think a man who took in over $80,000 could afford doors and latches for a kennel or a door knob for the front door of the lodge.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:27 am

That sucks. This would be a good season to have a pool table!
People that can't (won't) make an honest living suck too frankly.
Someone needs to mop the lodge floor with his a z z!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:20 am

He took my money like that , I would be hunting him down. would not be pretty at all
don't just sit there and take it, do something about it
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Someone needs to press charges on him. You have GH22 saying the douche knew what would and wouldn't be there, yet still misrepresented the lodge and land.
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 pm

His FB page shows them building or working in the lodge.
He took down all his post on hunting threads also on FB looking for help and stuff.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:28 pm

So did he buy the lodge, or is he renting / leasing it from Adam?
Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:04 am

The little sob did the same to us in Crowder. Different fees for different folks, pissed the landowner off, nothing planted other than cotton, no water pumped, no levy work, and no gas to keep the lodge warm even after we paid extra to have tank filled and didn't arrange to have garbage picked up..
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:33 am

"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

I don't know this fella from Adam, but it seems to me this old adage would apply here. With a reputation like this, how does this fella have enough change in his pocket to buy a biscuit?

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “General Discussion Forum”