Banded Gear breathable chest waders...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Quack Master
Regular

Banded Gear breathable chest waders...

Postby Quack Master » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Have any of you guys ever used them or know someone who has? They are super comfortable and much easier to walk in, but I can't find many reviews on them at all online. How well do they hold up and just how good (or bad) are they in general based on your experience? Thanks in advance...
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Re: Banded Gear breathable chest waders...

Postby bulldog ducker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:05 pm

I am sure bvinci will chime in but he likes his. I know they look a lot more comfortable than my neos do.
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
Timber Lover
Regular

Postby Timber Lover » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:04 pm

I have wondered the same thing. I talked to a guy (who works at a sporting good store) that "heard" they are having some leak issues but I would like to hear from someone who actually has them.
I upgraded my jacked to the banded brand white river jacket and I love it. Very light and warm.
Duck$$$
Veteran

Postby Duck$$$ » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:31 am

Got a friend been wearing them since season started. So far no issues and he says best , most comfortable pair he's ever had. I'm waiting until end of the season to see how they hold up before spending the $$.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:01 am

Got a buddy that bought a pair at Mack's. Most comfortable waders he's ever worn, according to him. I just can't drop the $300 when they're one slice away from being a waste.
Click
Duck South Addict

Postby Click » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:06 pm

You will never go back to neoprene after you wear them. They are very easy to move n.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Quack Master
Regular

Postby Quack Master » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:19 am

Well, yall are making me feel a little better about them now. I already have them, but I haven't pulled the tags off yet and wasn't going to until I heard from some folks that have actually used them. They are DEFINITELY easier to walk in than my normal Lacrosse Brush tough waders, but I just didn't know about how well they would hold up and keep water out. Thanks, keep the reviews coming.
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:56 am

Woods and Waters had a sale on them last week 25% off I went to get a pair and all they had was dam size 14 the guy there said they have sold lot hot cakes and they haven't had any come back yet like they had on the drakes. He said the draks one out of every 8 or so he figured came back.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:42 pm

I almost bought a pair. Buddy has them and swears by them. I went to the website and the advertised "tactical waterfowl gear" or some such ridiculousness. Nope. Not spending my stuff there where you probably get a whole slew of face paint with every purchase.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

yankee
Veteran

Postby yankee » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:51 pm

A bunch of hunters I know and trust love them. But nobody has worn them more than this season. I have a pair and they are comfortable. Best waders I have ever owned from a comfort standpoint. Like wearing pants. I am not a big fan of Banded's marketing. Too much Chad in poo face. But...these appear to be a quality product.. Jury still out I guess.
stevo

Postby stevo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:26 pm

I bought pair of banded breathable waders this summer. I love how they wear and very comfortable. They are not dependable and I have wore them on 4 hunts . They have multiple holes from knees down. I Emailed banded but have not heard from them yet. Hope this help.
jkb87
Duck South Addict

Postby jkb87 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:01 pm

got a buddy that has them.... loves the waders, said customer service was the worst. he called them before the season to swap the pair because of a hole and them told him he couldn't swap till march.
If it wasn't for bad luck then i would have no luck at all........

"Its hard to be cool when your battery is dead." Anatidae at the boat ramp with a dead battery.

IN MEMORY OF #10

SCOTT LlOYD

1/8/92-4/5/08
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Had 3 pair. They were terrible. Leaked on two pair and the insulation pulled out of the third. They felt great....,

But...

This was last year, they were working on the problems.
dukbum
Duck South Addict

Postby dukbum » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:34 pm

They are the bomb! Best and most comfy waders I have ever worn I will never go back to neo very well worth the money even got my wife a pair too she loves them.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”