GW stop today

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: GW stop today

Postby mfalkner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:50 am

peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:31 pm

To me the issue in Levi's case is there were three hunters and only seven birds. Now come on, that isn't even worth starting an issue about IMO.
Peewee
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:43 pm

I know of a big club that likes to put all their ducks together for a big group photo/wall shot....Fed GW told them it was a no-no, but if they put a tag on each bird with the hunters name it was ok. So they order them little plastic tags that mechanic shop put on keys to identify who's keys they are. Every duck that comes out now has a tag on one leg with a hunter name on it...it has not come up since. You can buy like 1000 for $25.00.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:15 pm

So when we cook all these duck breastesses, we supposed to let each person cook his own so that I'm not cooking pewees birds with mine in the same grill? WTF?
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 pm

deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Teul2 is correct with his detailed analysis of the "sitiation" Levi presented. Assuming Levi is telling us all the facts, then I would have to say that the GW in question was either : 1) incompetent with respect to the game laws applying to migratory ducks; or 2) deliberately trying to mess with you. Further, as a practical matter, no Justice Court Judge that I know of would have upheld in Court such a ridiculous ticket or tickets as the ones threatened by that GW. I would have enjoyed popping some popcorn and watching that scenario play out in Court --- would have been painfully embarassing for the GW (but probably what he needs to happen at some point to learn the practical lessons of law enforcement --- these types of lessons often cannot be learned except through experience).

Just put your ducks on a game strap, with no more than 6 on a strap, and shoot/come out with no more than 6 per person. After the hunt, as long as you stay in possession of your ducks, then there is no need for tagging them.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
music_man
Veteran

Postby music_man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:20 am

Okay, let's take this a step further....
Let's say I go on a three day hunting trip (out of state). I limit out all three days. I legally clean my birds (leave a fully feathered wing attached) and place them in a cooler each day.
I then head home after the day three hunt.
Do I have to tag MY birds?
I am within the three day possession limit and no one has given me their birds.
music_man
Veteran

Postby music_man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:38 am

Another scenario:
6 hunters in the timber
1 has a dog
Guess who all the birds go to??!!

What I do in this situation, is have 6 straps ready before the hunt begins.
As I receive the ducks from the dog, I immediately hang them accordingly on each person's straps. However, none of them are tagged.

So, let's say the man walks in. I have way over my limit hanging on my tree, but they're all on separate straps.
What's the outcome?
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 am

So, can we get a clarification from someone that has the power to write the tickets? Are bragging board or pile pics legal or not?
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 am

The way my season is going this is not one of the game laws I need to be worried about...
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Got checked for the first time in my life Sunday, and them boys must've been desperate to check somebody to sit around and wait for us to come out. :lol: I think we shot 10 times between the 3 of us and came away with a grand total of 4 gadwalls. Granted there were two other groups in there doing a bit more shooting than us, but left out a different direction. Couldn't have been more professional in my opinion. Could've wrote us up for not having our birds separate and identifiable, but didn't even question it. Poked around in our blind bags a bit, but certainly didn't comb us over. Took us at our word that we didn't have any lead shot. Checked our plugs, and even followed us back to the shop where my wallet was so I could prove I had a license and stamps. Certainly could've wrote me a ticket right there in the field if he wanted to. Just wanted to let y'all know that not all of them are "out to get you"
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Completely agree. Not all are out to get you or charge you with something.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”