GW stop today

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
levi127
Duck South Addict

GW stop today

Postby levi127 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:42 pm

GW was nice but got me to wondering.

We came out this morning and he was waiting at end of the road. Once we got unloaded and to the vehicle he pulled down our gravel road and came up.
Asked for everything and checked everything. No problems at all.
check the birds and got onto us for having 6 on a limit and 1 loose, seperate for a mount. Also was 3 of us hunting. He saw us getting ready for photo.
His thing was we are only allowed to have 6 birds together and no more period. Well possession limit is different, meaning you can have more then 1 limit on you.

He said if we had 7 birds on a hanger and no one claimed to kill them all then he was writing a ticket to each of us then $25.00 a bird over the limit.

So even though photos taken and stuff are you still required to keep to 6 birds a hanger?
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: GW stop today

Postby teul2 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:04 pm

So 3 people came out of the woods with 17 birds or 7 birds? The way you write it, it implies you only had 7 birds between 3 hunters. 6 of them were on one strap, and one loose. That right?
Not much way to say someone was over the limit if they were separated (without watching the hunt and seeing who shot what), much less write 3 guys for one over the limit when there is only one extra bird IMO. But I am not versed on the finer points of over the limit laws.

Possession limits only apply to separate days. So that really doesn't apply if the bird came out of the woods with you.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Yes only 3 of us with 7 birds.
Heck he never even saw who was hunting or not, he was a long ways away from where we hunt and no access back there. So he wasnt spying or anything.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
H20 Fowl
Duck South Addict

Postby H20 Fowl » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 pm

We got a talkin to for taking our wall pics at LLDC. Now we have to hang them by each individuals limit with our tags separating the limits. No more pretty wall pics :evil: Biggest croc of horse shat I've ever seen.
jmh600
Veteran

Postby jmh600 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Could each hunter have there own tagged nails on the wall?
BIG TIMBER
Duck South Addict

Postby BIG TIMBER » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:58 pm

They way I see it if the MDWFP wants me to tag my birds, then they need to supply me with a waterproof tag, no wAy am I'm going to keep pen and paper on me to tag a duck. I don't see what the problem is, you have a daily bird limit, who cares who killed what duck. Just one more money making scam by the "man"
Heres to Long Legged Women, Banded Greenheads, and Long Spurs!!!
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Funny you mention that! Same thing happened to me too! :?

I didn't think anything about it but I actually had a game warden snap a pic with a bunch of ducks mixed together last year and he didn't care. Almost 40 birds to be exact. I almost wonder if he was just having a bad day.

Enjoyed it this mornin! We will do it again!!
jkmjr
Regular

Postby jkmjr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:40 am

I have had 2 encounters lately and I figured there would be some static, but both times all was well and no scolding. Very young GW.

Me and an older guy left the blind to go get him warmed up. He was struggling on a very cold morning (last year)but wanted to come back. We left some other hunters and all our equipment and guns in the blind. When we got to the road he was waiting. I explained we were going to get the older guy some warm food and coffee at the store and were heading back in. I thought he would be suspicious because we had been doing some shooting. We returned and he was still there, but gone when we all came out.

Last week we came out with 6 guys and had a helluva time getting out (gumbo mud) our butts were dragging. When we got to the trucks we literally threw everything in the first truck we came to and my son and another guy pulled out. By the time we loaded the trailor a GW pulled up. We had also been shooting, but we had no ducks and only 1 gun between the 4 of us. All 12 ducks and the guns had left. We asked if we needed to have the boys return, but he checked licenses and was on his way.

I had another experience with an older black GW with the last name Carter two years ago. One of the nicest LEO's I have ever met. It was my son's first experience with a GW and a very good one.
Bill Collector
Duck South Addict

Postby Bill Collector » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:44 am

Will someone please answer this for me? I understand limits and all the technicalities and hoopla that game wardens talk about when it comes to ducks. So here goes. What's the difference between limits of ducks, crappie, speckled trout, red fish, etc. Why is it acceptable to co-mingle fish when it comes to limits, but game wardens get all bent out of shape when ducks are co-mingled? What's the difference? A limit is a limit.
Rule # 1. No Fat Chicks
Rule # 2. Eager Beats Pretty
Lazy Drake
Veteran

Postby Lazy Drake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:29 am

We had a gw gives us a warning about not separating/tagging ducks a while back. This is the way I look at, always have and always will. If 3 folks go hunting we can kill 18 ducks between us. As long as we have 18 or less everything is good to go. The rest is a bunch of bs generated to write more tickets.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 am

Ducks fall under Federal Migratory Bird laws........................fish are fish
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:22 am

Whats so hard about keeping birds separate and I'm sure the reason the pictures of all the birds on nails got complained about is because of internet crybabies. The feds surf the net big time fellas, just saying
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 am

hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:50 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”