Let's 'sang' a SONG!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Let's 'sang' a SONG!

Postby Anatidae » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:58 pm

'Was watching some TV program the other day, and they broke from the hunting scene and 'sit-a-round' monolog to a Country Song with lyrics like......."gonna get in my pick-up truck......gonna go kill me a big fat buck........."

Then I saw another show (The Fowl Life).....where there's one 'real good friend' in camp (that may be a country music star) that was 'sangin' n 'pluckin' some nonsense.........and they showed everybody else sitting around the table eating Cajun food and saying stuff that was only funny if you were there.....(I guess).

Man.....somebody 'sangin' would make me so uncomfortable, I'd want to go outside and barf.

So, ya'll remember......if you want to be like the TV stars......when the ducks aren't flying, y'all can break-out the ole Git-tar and jes 'sang a song'.......but I'm into classic movies, myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7QF32mxftE
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]
Barq's
Veteran

Re: Let's 'sang' a SONG!

Postby Barq's » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:33 am

no kiddin......it did seem kinda gay.....but that's none of my business though.....we don't sang at the camps I go to.....
barqs
BAY KINGFISHER
Duck South Addict

Postby BAY KINGFISHER » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:24 am

I was at a camp once where there was some campfire guitar playing and singing. I thought it was pretty good, but then again it was Ted Nugent!!
HRCH Mr. Buck's Delta Do "Dee" MH
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 am

I missed it because I quit watching hunting shows for those very reasons. I am surprised they did not incorporate the names of their sponsors in the songs.
There will be a day....
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 am

we just plug in the iphone to the micro boom and play real music and have a drank during those oh so slow times... last yr there were a certain songs that I will not reveal ( Billy Ray would be proud ..hahaha ) brought them birds back ....funny as hell .. so we keep it on standby...hahaha
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:28 pm

One of Belding's episodes was on the other day. They were in AR timber. You couldn't hear any calling or shooting for the overlay song blaring "Let's Get Drunk and Fight". Let's not.
Never assume.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

In a previous millennium I was in a small deer camp. One of the members was good enough to make some weekend money playing "gigs". However........... by the time the guitar was brought out, the whiskey was gone and I didn't drink much. Everybody else was "sanging" along having a good time, but being sober, it was very painful. The whiskey was gone so I had no chance to catch up with that crew. They didn't hunt much. I exited stage left on that dealio.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:31 pm

OK.......CB is out to get me.......

This week's episode (just happened to be 'going' while I was on the computer) featured a guitar-pickin' dude sangin' a song.....IN THE DUCK BLIND!

Really? :shock:

I was thinking somebody oughta do him a favor and put him out of his misery - awful singing.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]

Return to “General Discussion Forum”