cypress slough hunting club

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
levi127
Duck South Addict

cypress slough hunting club

Postby levi127 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:30 pm

In tunica ms.
Anyone in this club by chance? I know phillip cagle owns it. Trying to find ouy some info please
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Re: cypress slough hunting club

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Think that is the same as the old Delta Outing Club
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:07 pm

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:43 pm

We lease a hole from him. I only met him once and dont know much about his outfit though. I just had a little extra money and I took a chance.
jmh600
Veteran

Postby jmh600 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 pm

He tried to get sideways on me on a deal last year. I think I talked with you about it Levi. He ended up paying me and we talked for a while and he ended up not being such a bad guy. He means well and I think he'd treat you alright.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Im just trying to find out a little more about him or his club. It is the old delts outting I know now.
Im not leasing to or frim him. Heard to much negative about how he does things, but dont know the real stories. Just seeing if anyone else had issues or good things.

He just leased the property that connects to mine and caught word of it. Don't know if its going into his club or subleasing it out which ive seen him do some.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Nevermind, owner did not lease to him. So no worries and thanks for the pms guys
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:30 am

http://www.outscam.com/cypress-slough-hunting-club-a6

Cypress Slough Hunting Club Reviews
Most Useful Comment
Nov 24, 2016 1 2 3 4 5
Wasted a year at this club
I saw Phil the other day and is first response was " Why didn't you come back? ". Well Phil if you're reading this I didn't come back because i'm tired of you staying up all night getting drunk and rambling on. Im tired of your friends getting to hunt all the good holes because they got the draw so called " Fair " raffle. I was sick and tired of the over crowded camp, and you trying to put me out of the camp while you were drunk to make room for more members who were coming. To all hunters do not waste money on this guy. I know people in the club right now and they are messaging me saying half the " Guaranteed" water holes don't even have water. Which is funny because Phil sent me to a hole to duck hunt and when I got there to hunt it was completely dry and his only response was "Put the decoys out they would rather land in a dry field than water". I should have listened to the locals I met one day that told me he was a con-artist because thats what he is!!!!

Mark as Useful [1 vote]
Most Useful Comment
Nov 2, 2016 1 2 3 4 5
Waste of Money
If you want to know the truth about Phil Cagle just stop in and talk to the local landowners around Tunica. There first response is "F* that Crooked "illegitimate child"" literally. This man has been sued so much in tunica county that it should be a crime for him to remain in the county. I personally have witnessed him trespassing/poaching. And btw, all the holes he leases are complete $#!+. I know of many holes that he is leasing that local duck clubs have gave up. His right hand man in his duck club has a rap sheet as long as a tall mans arm. It's gonna be funny whenever no one will lease to him because he screwed everyone over, yet he owns a hunting camp.

Mark as Useful [1 vote]
Most Useful Comment
Apr 5, 2016 1 2 3 4 5
Phil has screwed over me and my friends in the Tunica and Dundee Mississippi area. He never gets his fields flooded in time for duck season and his clubs are over crowded. I thought it might just be a one-time deal but apparently he does it to everybody. Be very careful in your dealings with this man. I know of two people that are going to sue him. I would do it if I could afford it. He says he is passionate about duck hunting but he is really in it for the money.

Mark as Useful [1 vote]
Oct 26, 2016 1 2 3 4 5
Philip Cagle is an unscrupulous scam artist posing as a professional waterfowl guide ... He got me once just like he does dozens of unsuspecting potential club members each season . But trust me you want nothing to do with this man or his club ... The accommodations are inadequate for the size of the membership . His leases are poor quality... A few spoonies get killed but rarely any good big ducks. Philip will post pictures of mallards and pintails but they will not have been killed on club leases even though he might lead you to believe that to be the case . The annual turnover in membership is huge and for good reason... If you get references they will be his best friends who will encourage you to join but don't fall for it .. Don't waste your money or time... There are good clubs out there , they may be hard to find but this is definitely NOT one of them!

Mark as Useful
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 am

Club dues include lodging, but *do not* include your hunting license or your state and federally mandated duck stamps.

We allow club dues to be paid in 2 equal payments. 50% is due by March 1, 2017, with the remaining balance due by September 1, 2017.

Dues vary depending on your level of membership. They will be paid annually and are as follows;

$2500/year to hunt DEER only.
$3200/year to hunt DUCK only.
$4200/year to hunt both DEER and DUCK.
To ensure your space for the 2017-2018 season, your 50% deposit *must* be made by March 1, 2017.

Guests are welcome at any time (other than opening weekend) and can hunt for $50 per guest per day. We allow one guest per member on weekends and will allow for more on weekdays based on availability. The $50 guest fee includes lodging.
greenheadsonly
Regular

Postby greenheadsonly » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 pm

are snacks complimentary there?
if so, what kinds do they normally serve
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 pm

greenheadsonly
Regular

Postby greenheadsonly » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm

I am talking about the snack in between meals. Do they have complimentary
snacks such as snickers bars, potato chips or ice cream? I am ok with the
meal set up but really particular about the snacks.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:04 pm

:shock:
Baby Jesus! Didn't know all this!
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
greenheadsonly
Regular

Postby greenheadsonly » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:15 pm

you would not believe how many lease deals fall apart when people
do not provide adequate snacks.....it really can be a deal breaker
for many...most of the higher end outfits provide snacks at least
four times a day and some 6 times......it keeps the members full in between both
hunts and meals...also, more than peanut butter crackers are normally
required
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 am

Snacks are very very important. The best club every had boxes of every flavor of moon pies available whenever you wanted.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”