MS Outdoors TV Pursuit channel

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

MS Outdoors TV Pursuit channel

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 am

Well my predictions about MS trying to be like Missouri was realized last night when I watched the waterfowl episode on the MS Outdoors tv program

They made a point to say they are trying to model our waterfowl program after MO... Even said they went up there to a public area and went through the draw process and they had a great hunt. Ducks everywhere...

The end is near for us freelance hunters in the state..... Our wildlife dept is sad. Polles makes me sick !!!

Good Day!!! Happy Hunting!!!
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Re: MS Outdoors TV Pursuit channel

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 am

Dr Polles is a great man. Do you know him? Do you know he is the only head of that agency that has survived as many governors as he has........there used to be a new head eveytime we got a new governor........so he is doing something right. And our Dept of Wildlife is pretty good compared to others. Mississippi in itself is pretty damn laid back when it comes to game laws.

Politics play a HUGE roll in what happens with our game laws and that agency.......look at the primitive weapon season
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
RiverDuck
Duck South Addict

Postby RiverDuck » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 am

He may be a great dude, but the waterfowl draws have been the worst thing to happen to our sport! He let it happen...

Also, when will we ever get a tagging system?!?
TODO
Duck South Addict

Postby TODO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 am

I dont get the tag system. How is that going to help you, other than going thru a bunch of hassle? The clubs and landowners that kill good deer every year police themselves and dont need it, or want it imo. Outlaws will still continue to stack them up.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 am

dukmisr2005
Duck South Addict

Postby dukmisr2005 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:59 pm

~ Ric M.
Dulaney Seed Inc./AgVenture
877-974-7333

-- Its not the man but the message that keeps on going!! --
-- There is everywhere, but not everywhere is there...
RiverDuck
Duck South Addict

Postby RiverDuck » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm

DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:23 pm

As stated outlaws will not use the tags if they had them.........unlike other states....Texas has the most deer.......Mississippi has more deer per acre then any other state.......

In reality how many people on here actually limit out on deer or turkeys every year??????
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Don't know a lot about Dr. Polles so I will stay out of that conversation.

As far as the tagging debate goes. Don't think it is so much about stopping outlaws. It will help with that a little but I think it is more about giving the MDWFP more and better data. Right now, all they have is what the clubs on DMAP report which represents less than 1% of all private lands. There are entire counties that do not have any clubs on DMAP so the bioligists have zero harvest data from those counties. The harvest data gained from a tagging system would be very valuable in helping to evaluate the population and setting seasons and bag limits. I am in favor of a tagging system. I'm not afraid to report what and how many I kill. I believe the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
crow
Duck South Addict

Postby crow » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Most important thing I heard them say is that WRP has replaced a large percentage of crop land that used to regularly flood, causing large influxes of ducks. We have lost those large migrations that used to come for the flooded beans. Loss of cropland around DNF and Panther has had a huge impact on numbers of ducks there.
litlhitch
Veteran

Postby litlhitch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:45 pm

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Saying we don't need a tagging system because outlaws would still kill over the limit is a very weak argument. That is like saying we don't need laws against poaching or night hunting because outlaws don't obey those laws. Just because folks don't obey a law does not mean we should do away with it.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:03 pm

The only way we are gonna stop outlaws is to follow some of the western states and make poaching and trespassing a more serious offense. Isn't it something like a $10,000 dollar fine, loss of equipment (gun, vehicle if spotlighting, etc), and some jail time associated with poaching. Also our trespassing fines are a joke… I think its what $150 bucks? Guarantee you that if you throw that on some of these guys riding around smoking deer they won't wanna get caught again after they go through that.
work hard, play hard
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 pm

"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby H20fowlkiller » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:26 am

There are several problems with current system. I do believe there are more people than you think who will kill limits of deer on public land each year, some even more, I think there should be alimit on how many deer you can kill on public land each year, when you hit it you are done with public land at least in the state of mississippi. Unfortunately that will take slot more man power so it will never happen.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”