MSu and Ole Miss

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

MS River Rat
Veteran

MSu and Ole Miss

Postby MS River Rat » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:01 pm

I hope everyone that has commented on the MSU-LSU game and the Ole Miss South Carolina game realizes that we both loss. I am a State fan and Im glad to say that we put forth a good effort against a good team. We did however make some terrible mistakes. Defensive backs need to step up and make some plays, Zach Smith can't do it by himself. The offense needs work no doubt. Tyson Lee has his moments but he is not very consistent and some of his decision making skills need work. Turnovers killed State. Not being able to score on the 1 yard line is terrible.

For Ole Miss, Im not sure what to say about that game. McCluster is by far the best player on the team and he barely touched the ball most of the game. ESPN reported that the coaches didn't won't to run him much because they didn't want him to get hurt. This is football, and a conference game. You are not suppose to be worried about someone getting hurt, not if you want to win. I cant understand Snead. He is either on or he is way off. You can't wait until the 4th quarter to get pumped up.

Not good weekend for Mississippi football.
If your gonna trespass, you had better be good! Or have a good boat!
hotty toddy
Duck South Addict

Re: MSu and Ole Miss

Postby hotty toddy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

River Rat, I think you are pretty much spot on.

There is a lot of football left to play. State gave LSU all they wanted the other day and if not for some miscues would have won the game.

As for my beloved Rebels, They looked awful. If the offense doesnt get cranked up it wont be pretty. But, If the do get back in a rythm and I really think they will things will start looking up. Snead, I just dont know what is up with him. Late season last year it seemed like he couldnt make a mistake, I really am wondering if the were using a body double for the first three games of the year. AWFUL.
BE STILL, HERE THEY COME, BE STILL!!!!!!!!!!!

"Yeah, I got TP..........2 dollars a square"
Gottahunt
Veteran

Postby Gottahunt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm

For the Rebs - don't get down. Remember last year? After 7 games UM was 3 - 4. Not an impressive start. But the next 5 regular season games and resulting bowl game were wins. Got it together and things started clicking. Which way will the team go from here, we'll have to wait and see. There's certainly a lot of talent on the team meaning great potential for lots more wins.

For the Bulldogs - keep your chins up also. Remember last year? Game #3 was a one point loss to a #9 ranked team Auburn. This could have been a huge victory and possible turning point (just as a win over LSU on Sat.) Then the wheels fell off the wagon last year. Salvaged a couple more wins, but that was more luck than anything else. Which way will the team go from here, again, we'll have to wait and see. Not a huge amount of talent, but I see some grit - this may count for something.

Lot of season left - bring it on !!!!!!!
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”