National Championship game

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

fireplug
Duck South Addict

National Championship game

Postby fireplug » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 am

So who yall got for the big game Monday?

I'm not pulling for either team, but I know this will be another good one. That UG - OU game was probably the best game of the entire college season.

I'm saying that UG pulls off the victory. I think that they match up equally on defense, but Bama's offense isn't as strong as Georgia's in my opinion. And they are certainly not as strong on offense as Oklahoma is.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: National Championship game

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pm

UGA wins unless Bama improves pass blocking and downfield passing game. Bama went into the Clemson game with a chip on their shoulder and not sure it will be there now and also lost their best pass rusher. Fromm looked really good but OU did not get much pressure on him. I do wonder how much UGA will have in the tank after that epic game. So I say all that to say who ever wins the turnover battle will win the game. Yeah I know cheap answer.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm

I am going the other direction. Bama wins with the best defense in the nation. They beat the number one team soundly with only defense and little offense. Georgia couldn't stop mayfield and couldn't run well the first half. They were very lucky to escape with a win. I had Georgia favored to win that one but I thought their defense was a lot better than that. Oklahomans defense looked like the better defense all first half. Hats off to Kirby for taking Chubb out and letting Michelle take over. They eventually wore them down and ran it at will. I new overtime would favor Georgia by shortening the field.

Now I saw From make some freshman mistakes and I feel sorry for him Monday because if they can't run against Bama which I doubt and he is forced to throw........ He is going to have a long day. Clemsons qb is mobile and he was getting hammered. From is more a pocket passer and a freshman so it could be a bad day. I agree bamas offense is mediocre and it will not be a replay of the Georgia vs Oklahoma game by a long stretch. I got Bama by 10 but it's the SEC so I don't take anything for granted.

Wonder how viewership goes since it is all sec game?

Remember the saying " defense wins championships".
Saban hasn't lost to any of his former assistants but Kirby will be his biggest test and one who has been with Saban a long time.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 am

Bama runs away with it = Safe Bet
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 am

I got Bama, as bad as it pains me, based on defense. They are likely to crunch Fromm a few times and hurry him a lot.
Hole Hunter
Duck South Addict

Postby Hole Hunter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 pm

With the increase in non-southerners in the state of Georgia the thUGA fan base has gotten more and more obnoxious. They have been riding on their high horse all year with the success they had in the very weak SEC east. The only team they beat all year was Notre Dame (until OU on Monday) and who really thinks they are any good in recent history. If they win a National Championship I am not sure they will be able to contain themselves.

If the bammers win it is just another Natty for them, big whoop, and it pushes Sabear that much closer to retirement. Which is all we really want to see happen sometime soon anyway.

So in a crazy astrologist kinda way, we just need to hope for a meteor to hit the ATL on Monday.
WAR DAYUM EAGLE!!!

A True Sportsman shoots what he eats and eats what he shoots.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:21 am

Either way itll be a very physical game won in the trenches. I'm predicting it will be a closer game than some think. Clemson might have been #1, but I say GA is a tougher test.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am

UGA is underdog at +4 points.....but, they got home field advantage(Atlanta).....UGA wins it by 6 points.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 am

Didn't see that coming. Saban is a mastermind or crazy to put a true freshman in for the entire second half. It worked out for him and the kicker doesn't have to be on suicide watch. But I bet all they say on first take tomorrow is how Kirby got conservative and blew it. I will tend to agree with the that. Got a glimpse at bamas new qb. Get ready for another run next year. He is wayyyyyy better than jalen and a great kid to boot. Good or bad for him but he is compared to tebow with his strong Christian beliefs. Props to that young man.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 am

Can somebody give me a quick summary of the game. I’m working on the Island of Vieques for the next couple months and have no tv and very little cell phone service.
Peewee
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:33 am

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 am

And AL’s freshman QB played every snap, following halftime.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:04 am

and Bama did what Bama do PeeWee. Stay safe down there and let me know if they got turkeys to hunt :D
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 pm

No turkeys but wild hoses, mongooses, iguanas and doves are everywhere.
Peewee
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:53 pm

You be careful around those wild hoses.

Return to “Sports Forum”