Sure is quiet in here this morning

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Sure is quiet in here this morning

Postby RebelYelp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 am

nt
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Re: Sure is quiet in here this morning

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Ole miss should say they changed their minds on self imposed bowl ban and see how quickly the sanctions get laid out.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:03 pm

peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:31 pm

That was ugly. Congrats to ole miss. They played their asses off. I'm
Peewee
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:20 pm

Man, it was some sorry-ass UM folks on FB who actually wallowed with enjoyment about Nick's injury....one even said he got what he deserved.....it takes a worthless s.o.b. to say something like that.....maybe I'll get to meet him in the dark on the river, some day-----soon !!!

Btw, we dang near made a winning comeback with a rag-tag bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers, despite the turnovers, penalties, refs, and injuries.....that 22 pt. 4th qtr. comeback, says a whole lot about the character of our up and coming Dogs......I'm dang proud of them.....always have and always will be !!!!!
Last edited by dukluk on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 pm

My group did good, we started slow but finished strong with four limits.

Several mallards and the majority being gw teal but a couple of gadwall thrown in for good measure.

So I guess you could say it was a puddle duck mixed bag?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:59 pm

State played poorly all night long...five turnovers, completely lost focus when Fitz went out, nice effort in the 4th qtr, but it wasn’t enough. Fitz or no Fitz, MSU should not have lost to that very bad Umiss team at home, but that’s the Egg Bowl for you. Mullen, providing he (and Grantham) stays, will have, in my opinion, the best MSU team of his tenure next season and I’m looking forward to it.
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:14 pm

There will always be people on every side that is happy another player gets hurt. I didn't want to see Fitz get hurt like that, I don't want to see ANYONE get hurt like that. He's a hell of a player and athlete. We 100% don't win that game if he plays all night.... but hey thats football.

I'm sure there are some State fans somewhere that were happy when Patterson got hurt or when Kelly got hurt last year, thats just the way some people are wired. They see something bad happening to a football team they don't like, they don't think about how its 18-20 year old kids that this is happening too.

Damn near made a comeback, and State never quit. Luke has no control over that team, but oh well its the Eggbowl and Ole Miss had nothing else to play for in all honesty. I got a chuckle out of some stuff they did, as would State fans if they did it the other way around... The losing side will always talk about how "classless" and "dirty" the other team is. Have we forgotten the "F--- TSUN" baseball warmups already?

See ya next November
REBEL DUCK
Duck South Addict

Postby REBEL DUCK » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Great win for rebels but it did just what I did not want and that’s get Luke the job. But on the other hand it got Mullen out. I think Mullen was gone anyway and I don’t really understand why. He almost beat bama that got beat by auburn.
Get in where you fit in!
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:18 pm

The chatter is that his UF contract was $36mill over 6 years. MSU would've paid $6mill a year (with the state mandated 4-yr max). Mullen and his family wanted out. Sucks. It is what it is. I was naive. I believed what he and his family said over and over. Funny thing, looking back, is how easily he got under TSUN's skin, all the while never actually giving a dam about the rivalry.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 am

BREAKING NEWS:

Ole Miss still sucks :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peewee
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:33 am

As a die hard MSU fan, I pray that one thing comes from Mullen leaving...... is that term "TSUN" will finally go away. That's the dumbest $%!# that I've ever heard in my life and want to kick Mullen's @$$ for creating that monster.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 am

I believe TSUN will fade away.
Peewee
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 am

TSUN---TSUN---TSUN.....I hope it never goes away !!!!!.....just like Bears, Landsharks, or whatever the mascot-flavor of the month is.....here to stay, as a reminder of their good ole Pete Boone era. :lol:

Return to “Sports Forum”