MSU vs GA predicitons

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

peewee
Duck South Addict

MSU vs GA predicitons

Postby peewee » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 am

What is yall predictions on the State vs. GA game. I believe if the same state team that has shown up the past 3 games state wins by 10 or more. States defense has looked NASTY thus far. Thank goodness we got rid of Peter Sirmon. Folks pulling for Louisville are probably pissed right now.
Peewee
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: MSU vs GA predicitons

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

I'd like to think the team that showed up to play LSU is going to show up in Athens. But I've been a State fan all my life, and there's no escaping it: MSU football is due to lay an egg.

That being said, it should be a hard fought ballgame. UGA has proven THIS SEASON to be a good football team. LSU had not when we played them, and still hasn't.

Lines range from -4 to -6 in favor of UGA.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 am

Hard for me to imagine Eason sees the field despite the reports of him practicing. He still doesn't sound too mobile with that knee. So that means they'll roll out their freshman QB whose played pretty good this year. We'll see how he does with a pretty good D Line after him for maybe the first time this season. Don't think they've let him throw a bunch from what I'm hearing so it sounds like it will be similar to what we faced against LSU with a run first team. Lotta pressure on the kid so we'll see how he handles it. If we can keep their stable of running backs somewhat contained we may have a shot.

As far as their Defense goes, sounds like they've got a good D-line and some good linebackers. We'll find out quickly which O Line shows up for us. If we can get a good push like we did against LSU, we may have our way. If not, we'll need to get creative.

Really think the dogs can pull this one off. Just really hope they don't lay an egg after having their egos stroked all week...
SHERMANATOR
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 am

I predict the bulldogs will win
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Veteran

Postby 1010 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 am

LSU had 5 returning players according to the announcer.

GA is a solid just like MSU. Should be a great game, but both had better not flinch.

GA ND game showed they never quit.

MSU QTR back need to tone down his running a bit. I'd hate to see him injured.
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:08 am

LSU had 5 returning players according to the announcer.

GA is a solid just like MSU. Should be a great game, but both had better not flinch.

GA ND game showed they never quit.

MSU QTR back needs to tone down his running a bit. I'd hate to see him injured.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:43 am

This game is a crap shoot. I hope the maroon dawgs can pull it off. The east has always been Georgia's to win but like state they always find some way to screw it up. Georgia has the best run game in the sec. I think Fitzgerald will be the key to winning or losing. Either way it should be a closer game than the lsu game.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 pm

State forgot to get off the bus.
Peewee
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 am

Typical Ms college football. Always a letdown right around the bend!! We desperately need one major college.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:10 am

Can't help but laugh.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Man UGA came to play. I have not seen them play with that kind of toughness and edge in years. That brilliant flea flicker call just absolutely got in states head and set the tone for the game. To me the biggest surprise was how well UGAs OL played. That has been their weakness and I thought State would capitalize on it. Until State gets some play maker WRs they are going to struggle against elite defenses.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:49 pm

They didn't look much better against auburn either. Like always they snatch hope out of the jaws of optimism as usual. The rankings jinx always gets them. On the plus side they looked a lot better than ole miss. Dang Bama didn't hold back making up for those losses hanging over 60!!!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:25 am

Looks like Bama is gonna skulldrag their regular season. Rebs are not good but they aren't that horrible either, they just got steamrolled. Defense was gassed by halftime and the 4th string Bama tailback looked like another Derrick Henry. Ugly, makes a good case for a mercy rule in football.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:19 pm

At least we can turn our full attention to hunting season!

Return to “Sports Forum”