Ole Miss NOA

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss NOA

Postby mossyisland » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:57 am

Some more really good insight Stacy! Some people you tell this stuff to and they are like "that doesn't happen at my school!" Bull Crap! It happens at every one of them. Some are just better at it than others.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:52 pm

So you really believe that OMU is charged with the most significant slate of allegations pf my lifetime for doing the same thing as other schools? You don't think OM is a little unique, paying kids $15k for just a COMMITMENT for Pete's sake? I don't believe that is common. As SJ mentioned, the paying's supposed to come later. $$ earlier than normal (for commitments, de commitments, visits, spurned visits) has been rumored for awhile. if the payments at that stage exceeded what's normal, I have no doubt the benefits later on we're extraordinary.
billyho
Veteran

Postby billyho » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Probably more facts in mossy islands post than anything I've read about this whole ordeal. Good stuff. I only disagree with the fact that Hugh knew. And stang if you think 15K is big bucks for a commitment you have lost your mind! That's pocket change compared to other stories I've heard. It's BIG money, and the sad thing is that BIG money is a drop in the bucket compared to what the schools are making off the kids
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:22 pm

So you really believe that OMU is charged with the most significant slate of allegations pf my lifetime for doing the same thing as other schools? You don't think OM is a little unique, paying kids $15k for just a COMMITMENT for Pete's sake? I don't believe that is common. As SJ mentioned, the paying's supposed to come later. $$ earlier than normal (for commitments, de commitments, visits, spurned visits) has been rumored for awhile. if the payments at that stage exceeded what's normal, I have no doubt the benefits later on we're extraordinary.
Last edited by stang67 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:31 pm

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:38 pm

You avoided my question.

I'm telling you. The NCAA is pissed about arrogance and there's enough smoke about 7-figure (extraordinary) payrolls to make them believe it. They are listing the mere BS in the NOA that they have proof about. It so happens with the cureent penalty structure, that that's all they need to hammer UOM. Don't believe for a second that the NOA stuff is more than the tip of the iceberg. You keep saying "everybody cheats," and I'm not sure the NCAA would even disagree. They think they're concentrating on the worst offenders.
Last edited by stang67 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:17 pm

First off I do beleive Freeze knew about it and 95% of this is his fault. Why do I think he knew? Well if he is willing to give Tunsils little brother a scholarship knowing he would never step on the field, what is to keep him from doing more. As stated in an earlier post you notice your star left tackle driving loaner cars for 6 months as well. Why is Freeze to blame for most of this? 1.). I think he was involved. 2). He ran his mouth/twitter too much. Had he not immediately jumped out and publicaly tried to shame Miller then he probably never turns on them. 3). Him and Bjork publicaly lied about what was in the first notice of allegations. Add that in to lying to recruits about the first NOA and does that sound like a man of such high and outstanding moral character? Not to me.

And for the Leo Lewis tapes they won't make a bit of difference. We have already seen that with the Cam Newton deal and I saw somewhere that they are not sure it is even authentic recordings.
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 pm

The speed limit sign read 70 mph. Most everyone was running between 75-80. So we were all guilty of speeding.

But then this one car came by /.
A bright red slick sports car .
This car came up on you so quick like that you never even knew it was there . And then boom it was gone. And your like damn that sombiatch musta been doing 120.. And you say to yourself
He gonna get a ticket for speeding . Something we're all doing
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:52 am

mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 am

Here is where I think your wrong about Freeze knowing. In the first couple of meetings with investigators, Let's just say the investigators left with attitude they were going to find things wrong in the program. Freeze was very adiment there was no cheating going on. Call it arrogance, ignorance, or defiance. I think he didn't know. There is no way you send out a tweet to the world asking for allegations and stand toe to toe with NCAA and tell them to find issues.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:42 pm

deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:29 pm

hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 pm

You ole miss people kill me of course the beaver knew. Hell he has been charged with being WITH A BOOSTER AND A RECRUIT at the same time. DUHHHHH
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Well yeah. He was involved in THAT level-one, but he didn't know about any of the others. :lol:

And in the least surprising news of the day, OMU gives the middle finger to a FOI request for a copy of the NOA. As a red blooded conservative, I expect more transparency from a publically funded institution. Surely they aren't using tax dollars to pay the external counsel that currently possesses the document, across state lines of course. You guys must be so proud.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Oh and the idiot that was arrested for theft he robbed the booster that he was living with stole 12 of his guns. I guess ol miss can get another feel good $#!+ movie out of this too

Return to “Sports Forum”