Ole Miss NOA

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss NOA

Postby stang67 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:19 pm

NCAA is a MEMBER institution. Each member agrees to the rules that they, themselves, had a hand in establishing. And membership is voluntary.

#accountability?
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Why the worry ? It's baseball season!
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:33 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Hugh Freeze to resign, possibly as soon as today. Possible talk about a hairdresser from Desoto County. Stay tuned...
greenheadsonly
Regular

Postby greenheadsonly » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 pm

they are gonna get hit hard................I am a former SEC player (not from a MS
school)....it is not going to be pretty. There is a reason you go from a top 50
recruiting class to being inside the Top 5 (at NOT a major football power)...they
still have the one great school
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Where are all the Rebel fans that used to be on here attacking anyone who questioned Freeze's integrity? The ones who said they knew Freeze was such a great Christian man. I got blasted by some of y'all. That joker makes Billy Brewer and Jackie Sherrill look like saints. Using the pulpit as a smoke screen for his lies.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 am

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:40 am

And on Twitter spewing hatred toward us vile "dogtards." No, really, they use that word.

I know every fanbase has "those people." I have been surprised that some of "those people" in the OMU base are DS members.
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 am

I am still here, just do not feel like responding to some of the folks that are just going to say nasty things about Ole Miss no matter the situation.

As several on here know from speaking with me, and folks that know me, I have not been as favorable for Coach Hugh Freeze as others have. My biggest complaint is his coaching. We beat some very good teams, Alabama two years, 90% on talent. Now, I will say this, I am not, nor have I ever been, a football coach. I say we won on talent because look at the Memphis game three years ago after we beat Alabama. We were up 17-0 and ended up losing 17-35. Memphis made changes during the game, and we did not. Look at both years against Arkansas. We took a lead, and then Arkansas made changes, and we did not. Arkansas' tight end Hunter Henry had the most receptions and receiving yards that game than he had all year. They found a weakness, made changes, and we did not. Hunter Henry and Brandon Allen light us up like a Christmas Tree and all we did was keep doing what we had been doing all game.

As for Hugh Freeze and his religious beliefs, I do not feel as though anyone should speak negatively about that. I applaud him and Tim Tebow for standing up for their belief in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am not going to speak negatively about Hugh Freeze and his religious convictions. My issues are with his coaching.

Now, on the subject of the pay-for-play issue that ranges from $13,000-$15,000. ESPN's Bomani Jones has said this is silly money. He said that a lot is being made over very few dollars when we all know this is happening all over college football. I agree with Mr. Bomani Jones, this is happening all over college football. But it is wrong, and all programs know it is wrong to exchange any services for play. If you are going to walk the thin line and take your chances, you better cover up your tracks, or be prepared to suffer the consequences.

I do think Hugh Freeze is running a clean program, but we all know when things get rough, those at the top have to explain what happened as they are the ones responsible. The staff person that provided these services by reaching out to boosters for money, paying for hotels and transportation, and getting permission from a booster for a student-athlete to hunt on the property has been relieved of his duties. If Hugh Freeze knew nothing about any this, and I mean 100% nothing about this, then he should be able to keep his job. If he knew of any of this taking place, then he should resign, and you can bet there will be a HUGE penalty coming down from the NCAA on Ole Miss.

My Rebels now have 90 days to respond to the NOA, then the NCAA has 60 days to set a hearing date for their final decision. It is in the hands of Bjork and Freeze now to provide all of the evidence to prove that this was an isolate incident by one staff person. The proof of innocents must be presented.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 pm

There is LITERALLY no way Freeze did not know about what was going on...if that's the case then OM has a functional retard coaching their team.

I knew about some of this stuff. I'm in no way affiliated with OM.

Think about it this way. Freeze even being at OM was sketchy. Orgeron hired him after he delivered Ohef to him.

Freeze seized the opportunity. Kudos to him...probably learned about cheating from O.

I personally think Freeze is a conflicted Christian. He'll eventually come clean but it's too late for him. I don't think he will ever coach football again at the college level. Everyone has sources...I heard three weeks ago that OM is going to get crushed and Freeze is done in the NCAA. That was from a former SECe coach. This was before we knew about the 2nd NOA.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Deltamud77, check the original date of this thread. About the same time you found out. It's been in possession of some a little while before it was announced.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm

This whole scheme started during the Coach O days. Look at how many coaches Freeze has hired that were around back then -- back when Freeze started getting popped with NCAA violations, incidentally.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:55 pm

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:13 pm

I don't know. What I've learned from this is the NCAA really needs proof nowadays. Now if they suspect that you are maintaining a 7-figure payroll for your football team, their proof of a mere $15k inducement may be enough for them to crucify you, given the current penalty structure. Hint hint.

Limit the smoke, stay in your lane, don't give the NCAA the middle finger, and slow your roll when Indy comes to town and you'll probably weather the storm.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 am

I agree that there is absolutely no way that Freeze did not know about this. People were all over message boards asking about how Tunsils family was able to afford the lifestyle they had. Of course Ole Miss fans crucified them for it but thanks to the draft night debacle we know why. Also how do you not notice your star left tackle driving loaner cars for extended periods of time. That's just one guy. All of these allegations are just what the NCAA was able to find. Imagine all the stuff they did not find or could not prove. Finebaum(who has actually been supportive of Freeze) said today from what he is hearing is that if Ole Miss goes before the committee of infractions with Freeze as the head coach then they will get a second year of bowl ban and he will be suspended. As far as his religious beliefs I think it is a sham. Tebow never used his religion to promote himself but the other way around. Freeze has used it to promote himself and his program. If he was as great a man as he claims he would not have cheated this much, he would not have publicaly lied about what was in the first letter, and he would not have lied to recruits. Also when Freeze said on signing day that this signing class was a punishment by the NCAA that was a slap in the face to those guys that decided to sign with Ole Miss. Basically he publicaly was saying well these guys are crap but the best we could get because of the NCAA.

Return to “Sports Forum”