I thought there was a burn ban.....

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

I thought there was a burn ban.....

Postby hillhunter » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 am

And if so then what are these coaches thinking with these dumpster fires in Starkville and Oxford.

Seriously, I knew as a State fan that we would be off some.... Maybe 5-6 win season with having to watch a lot of SEC beat downs but atleast showing some life out of conference and beating the usual teams we are supposed to but, .......in short, WE SUCK. That's really about all you can say. The DBs suck. The OL sucks and the WRs drop passes, which both make the QB suck, which he probably would anyway. The RBs don't know how to block, and collectively have less TDs than the QB, who sucks. The LBs play hard, but suck. The DL ...... Wait, they might not suck, but it appears they do just by having to be on the field with everyone else. The whole coaching staff sucks. They keep talking about youth or luck or whatever.... Guess what, go out and recruit some three and four star guys instead of 2-3 star guys and try to "coach them up". That ship has sailed. You can't consistently recruit below the competition on purpose claiming those recruits have been overlooked or whatever, they haven't been overlooked!!!.... They aren't as good!! Look at Bama, LSU, even OM. That's what happens when you have elite talent, you can over come sucking.

Which brings me to the next topic. What's going on in Oxford these days? They on the surface atleast, have the best talent money can buy (haha couldn't help myself), but I won't go as far as to say they suck, cause they are about to hang 75-100 on the dawgs after thanksgiving this year. But there does seem to be some wheels falling off. I admit, when I saw the first half of the FSU game I was thinking, man, they may win the Natty this year. But appears DBs and LBs are their Achilles heal this year, their OL is starting to get banged up and it appears Kelly is not the QB everyone said he was.... He relies heavily on his very talented WRs who make plays when the ball is heaved up even in double or triple coverage.....well, that may work against teams like MSU, not against better SEC defenses.
I guess all of us fans of MS college sports can go back to being mediocre and below this year and start saying we can't wait till baseball season.
work hard, play hard
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: I thought there was a burn ban.....

Postby mfalkner » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:21 am

MS football fandom is not for sissies. Hard to watch all the talent at both schools being underutilized.

Agree with a lot of what you said. I think Kelly is suffering from the same problem that haunted Bo Wallace. OM can't run the ball, period. When you're the only offensive weapon and the team struggles, the tendency is to try and make miracles happen. Kelly made dumb reads and bad throws at times, had some 1 down passes dropped - this has been a plague the last 3 games. And the LSU secondary is really good.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:07 pm

I'm so glad I love to hunt and don't obsess over college football!!! I hate to say it, but Ms college sports suck. With the current setup we won't ever have too much to cheer about :(
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:12 am

Just waiting on Mullen to find another job so we can go out and hire another mediocre coach and pay them $4.5 million a year to be 0.600 avg coach. They will have one or two winning seasons and beat UM 50% of the times we play them then 8-10 years later we will have this same conversation. :?

Ole miss has the best wide receivers in college football. Their defense was absolutely no match for the Beast #7. He left a graveyard of DB's that he planted during that game. Toward the end of the game they wouldn't even try to tackle him.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:09 am

Welcome back to reality guys. Its been a good run.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Peewee
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:57 pm

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:46 pm

You know honestly I feel the same way, back to mediocrity or worse. State has never been a perennial power and may never be, but we have won the West before. Could we do it again? Probably not likely as long as Saban is coaching. Malzahn seems to have caught another gear and LSU just needs someone who isn't a dumbass to keep their team in the hunt. I think our best chance for a West win every 20 years was two years ago. May be another 20 before the stars align again. OMs may have been last year, still can't believe they blew that one after beating Bama 2 yrs straight. Bad as I hate to say it, in the years to come,depending on how the next 6 months play out for both teams, as fans of MS schools, we may be back to arguing over who is gonna win the Egg Bowl to get an Independence Bowl birth..... You can like it or not like it but that's the way it is.

We can talk about new expectations laying the foundation by current coaches or whatever, but you lay an egg like we have this year, it takes the last two years and wipes it all away. What top recruit looks at our product right now and says," yeah I want to be a part of that"...

Webbmaster, it's easy being y'all right now. Y'all are just good, no other way to put it. If he ever does retire it's gonna be the best and worst job to have with those expectations over there.
work hard, play hard
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Got to get past LSU first then worry about Auburn. I honestly don't see Saban leaving Bama for any job(just to old) and rumors that Herman to Texas is a done deal(heard same rumors about Saban when Brown was fired). I think now we can all appreciate how good Dak really was and how much he meant to that program. State is young and breaking in a whole new defensive staff and scheme but they still should not be this bad. Ole Miss seems to be in exact same funk they got in last year where it looks like the staff is losing control of the team. They were able to pull it back together then can they do it again. Players fighting and walking off to the locker room is not good.
curlytail
Veteran

Postby curlytail » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:02 am

Top recruits won't commit when they know a coach has been interviewing for another job, coaches are looking out for themselves when they know the head coach is interviewing.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:11 am

Saban has already left for Texas 5 times and the NFL 6 times.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:26 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE

Return to “Sports Forum”