Fire Dan today

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

peewee
Duck South Addict

Fire Dan today

Postby peewee » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:32 am

It will take years to rebuild. 2 star recruits will not want to come to State after this year.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Re: Fire Dan today

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:20 pm

I would be shocked to see dan fired. He has had a few good years. Look how long they stuck with croom. I mean who do you replace him with???? Who can they actually afford?? They aren't lsu or bama or texas. I would look for texas to throw caution to the wind and throw a crazy number at Saban.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:49 pm

It's disheartening to see a team that just looks unmotivated. I'm not saying they aren't trying but there is just a huge lack of leadership out there. I put most of the blame for that on the coach.

One more thing, our recruiting or lack there of has caught up to us. Yea there are some 2 and 3 star guys out there which you can work and develop to play with a four or five star guy but most often that's not the case. We need to quit chasing so many diamonds in the rough and go get some of those diamonds. I think much of our problem is we have just dropped talent wise from three years ago. Can't get separation on offense, and there's too much on defense and that's just lack of talent no matter who the coach is.
work hard, play hard
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:25 am

Dan Mullen: "We shoulda/coulda won this game. We dominated the second half. This is a team to be reckoned with down the stretch."

Maybe I had tuned out by then, but did they really dominate the second half?
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 am

work hard, play hard
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:37 pm

That Samford game isn't a gimme. Their QB is pretty solid.

We are going to get KILLED in November. I'm not looking forward to it.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:48 am

This was the most pisspoor excuse for a football game I've ever seen on a collegiate level. We lost the game and to be honest, I don't care about the loss. This group has no leadership from Dan all the way down to the water boy. No one seems to care, so why should we. When the center, the man who controls when the ball is snapped, jumps off sides, we have serious issues. I don't care if we lose every game, but at least pay your heart out and like you give a rip. And left tackle that didn't even get out of his stance and let the DE blow past him.....

Whatever you call what they are doing isn't working. Why does Mullen insist on trying the same thing with the same results. We could try something different, different depth players, different play calling, different qb/rb options and probably not loose any worse. Give the position to someone who wants it and will fight for it.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:05 am

They will not fire Dan this year or even next 2 or 3 years. He's taken MSU to more bowl appearances than we've seen in past decades combined. That being said, I've never liked the guy. I always thought we could do so much better. They are paying him $4 million a year. There are plenty of good coaches out there that would gladly do the job for that salary. My hunch is that Dan is looking for another job somewhere else. He doesn't want to go through the down years because it will make his resume look bad and lower his stock / salary. I would wager that Dan won't be with us much longer, but it will be his decision and not the AD's. (whoever that may be)
How do you like your Hope and Change?
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:32 am

I think there are several problems with our program and number one who is doing the scheduling. There is no way we should have went to Umass and BYU in the same year on the road. I really don't understand why we would play anybody at their place except a major university doing a home and home series. Losing the game to USA was bad and it needs to be an example that when that happens it hard to stop the tail spin. From what I can tell Mullen is playing a lot of underclassmen and when you do that you see the mistakes on discipline more. I dont really care for him but I have been a fan for a long time and was a season ticket holder for 32 years and he is the best we have ever had. I have a feeling he will leave when it is the right time most of the time that is around 10 years.

Return to “Sports Forum”