LSU vs. MSU Roll Call and Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Bourbon
Duck South Addict

LSU vs. MSU Roll Call and Prediction Thread

Postby Bourbon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Good luck to those coming to Death Valley this weekend. Who knows who will be under center for the Tigers this Saturday night? I think at night in Death Valley with an improving defense and just enough offense, the Bayou Bengals will pull out a close game 27-21.

But I know we will be having a good time at the tailgate. Holler if any members are coming down and I will be happy to help with recommendations and a free adult beverage and good food at our tailgate. We might Tiger Bait once and then will open up our tailgate. Always good to meet members and duck hunters alike.

Pm if you are coming and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

P.S. Gerry Lee's in famous boudin and cracklin shop in Baton Rouge got flooded but they have recently reopened!
GEAUX TIGERS
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: LSU vs. MSU Roll Call and Prediction Thread

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Thinking it will be a hard fought close game. I am going to predict Harris sits and the LSU offense improves just enough to beat State by a TD. Even if Fournette is only 80% healthy he is still better than most.
jbird22

Postby jbird22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:01 pm

IMO, Miles would be completely stupid to start Harris over Etling. I'll reluctantly take LSU by 3. Fournette's health is the X factor. If he's not good to go then Miss St has a better than legit chance to take this one. LSU's D doesn't seem to be as stout as it's been in the past so I honestly think the game is a toss-up.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:04 am

state by a touchdown and les is gone on monday for a total lsu meltdown. Im not going to the game too many teal to shoot
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm

GH22 asked me to share his prediction....so here goes...

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:20 pm

what's funnier, the rant, the dude, or the panther sized tom cat checking on the pissing dog statue?? :lol: :lol:
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Well, I am not going - as I will not attend another LSU game until Les Miles is no longer the head coach. Here are my thoughts (for whatever they are worth):

- Etling is just the next name in 'groundhog day'. We have seen this over and over again as LSU fans. Starter sucks, back-up comes in and looks better, back-up is the savior...until he sucks too. We saw it with Hatch, then Lee, then Jefferson, then Lee again, then Mettenberger, then Jennings, then Harris, then Jennings again, then Harris again and now with Etling. It does not matter who the QB is or will be...it does not even matter who the OC is (we have had 5 under Miles)...it matters who the head coach is, and until he is gone, the same will continue;
- LSUs defense is going to be very good as the season progresses...they are learning a new scheme and they are implementing new wrinkles by the week. As to this week, the pass defense is somewhat suspect, but State is not a real passing threat;
- Fournette is playing the long game for his career (and I don't blame him). Look for flashes of brilliance coupled with periods of mediocrity...he is Deuce at Ole Miss his last year;
- The game will be close and the team that forces the most turnovers AND/OR the team that leads after the first quarter will in the game (LSU has not scored a first quarter point yet this season); and
- THE FINAL SCORE: State pulls the slight upset and leaves Death Valley in shambles with a 24-21 victory in overtime. THE ULTIMATE PREDICTION (this will be the second to last game Les Miles coaches at LSU as he will be fired after losing at Auburn the following week).
Bourbon
Duck South Addict

Postby Bourbon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:29 pm

I love when the cat runs off when the cowbell starts!
GEAUX TIGERS
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:55 pm

Stingray laying it on the line as always!

His comment about the offense made me think about this:
If we looked at game stats since CLM has been there, would this particular trend stand out?

First series of every game - Run it up the middle - 3 & out - punt.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham

Return to “Sports Forum”