FSU v Ole Miss Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

FSU v Ole Miss Prediction Thread

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:43 pm

The Criminoles versus the Cheatin' Beavers in Disneyland. Both teams are loaded, but OM has the better QB.

Ole Miss wins 45-31.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: FSU v Ole Miss Prediction Thread

Postby mshunter77 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:10 am

Really not sure about this one. FSU has no set QB but loaded everywhere else. OM has one of best QBs in country but will be breaking in new OL and several new DL. OM has to be able to stop Dalvin I think to pull it out.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:22 am

This is the biggest non-conference game I ever remember for Ole Miss. I am surprised there is no more chatter than there is relative to this game. LSU played Oregon in Dallas in 2011, and that win propelled them to an undefeated regular season and SEC Championship. I think this game could do the same for Ole Miss.

Let's have some discussion....
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Rebs have a lot of talent but new faces in key roles. Noles are bad to the bone but will depend heavily on the run. It's a home game for FSU. I think the difference will be whether or not OM can establish run; if they can, Kelly is deadly on play action.

I say 5:3 Rebs
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Wouldn't bother me if they tied and the stadium burned down ..
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:09 am

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:26 am

work hard, play hard
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:27 am

Picking the Noles by 14
Peewee
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm

I think that Rebs will lose the game and start the season 2 and 2 or 1 and 3. I do think that they can win but I dont believe that they will bet Alabama 3 in a row so they will start their season 2 and 1 with GA coming into town. If they start the season 1 and 2 things could get ugly quick in Oxford if the NCAA starts handing out things about that same time.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:59 pm

FSU by 20. They are loaded.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Ole Miss is loaded too and they have the best Qb in the game. I may need my head examined, but I think Ole Miss beats Bama for the third year in a row. The game is early in the season and in Oxford. OM has a seasoned player that is really good at the most important position on the field.

If OM makes it through September without a loss, watch out.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 am

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:01 pm

I think in the past, including the Eli years, they really did not have much talent around them. Eli's go-to receiver was the Flowers white-boy that would not even make the team now. Kelly has NFL talent all over the field around him. I think that is the difference. Moreover, and most importantly, they get Bama at home before Bama dials it in later in the season. If they can win that game, they are in the driver's seat moving forward with the tie-break over Bama.

The West will be pretty weak this year. I look for Arkansas to actually get worse. Auburn looks bad. LSU looks great on paper, but they still have Miles as the coach and no QB. Texas A&M is a grease fire waiting to happen. State is not going to be great...though they will be better than expected IMO.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:41 am

Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Rebs will play FSU closer than people think. Not saying they will beat them but they
have a very good chance to. FSU is loaded but the REBS have lots-O-talent as well.

Kelly was great last year with an OL the 1st half of the season that looked about like what it will this season (Remember Tunsil didn't play 1st several games). Now that Kelly has a year in the conference under his belt I believe it will help make up for some but not all of the OL deficiencies. Receiver Corp is loaded and minus Jaylon Walton at RB we look much the same because Freeze spread the carries around last year so the running game which is not heavily depended on will be OK but that's what is expected of them to keep Defenses on their toes.

Defense, yes we lost Big Rob and he was really good but even by his own admission he was not giving it all he had and being as productive as he should have been last year. We have a solid DL coming back from end to end. LB has the graduate transfer kid coming in that appears to be picking everything up. Conner is back in defensive back field if he can stay heathy. Obviously a few holes to plug but talent is there to do it.
Not saying we will have a 10 win season but it would not shock me if the ball bounces the REBS way a time or two and the season turns out well but it will take a little voodoo to make that happen. (But if the NCAA Drops The Hammer Mid Season The Bus May Run Off In The Ditch)

Return to “Sports Forum”