NCAA Regionals

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

NCAA Regionals

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue May 31, 2016 1:18 pm

Dawgs & Rebs hosting with the Eagles going to Tallahassee. None of them have an easy road to make it to the Supers. What say ye?
SHERMANATOR
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: NCAA Regionals

Postby Smoke68 » Tue May 31, 2016 1:34 pm

If both State and OM make it to Omaha, they play each other on day 1. Might be a good crowd.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Tue May 31, 2016 10:25 pm

State draws a 4 seed that's won 40 games
And their ace leads the nation in strikeouts
I was hoping for a first round game against
A .500ish program
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:43 am

Neither the Dawgs nor the Bears got an easy road. State has arguably the toughest 4 seed in the tournament. The 2 seed Fullerton is capable of beating anybody in the tournament if they can hit the ball. If memory serves Fullerton has the best pitching staff in the country.

As for the Bears, you got Tulane (yikes). They are strong to quite strong. And if you survive them, you get rewarded by going to Miami.

In other news all of the talking heads seem to agree that LSU has the easiest road to Omaha. :evil:

Southern Miss got hosed, but the NCAA was not going to let the state of MS have 3 host sites.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:16 am

Good summary Pondman. I think State has the toughest regional of anyone; should be some good ball going on. Best to all the Mississippi teams.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Rebs took two really tough losses at home. On the bright side usm and dawgs still kicking.....for now. At least they get to play more than 2 games.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:53 am

Can't say enough about the performances of Zac Houston and Ryan Rigby. Houston seems to be getting hot right along the same lines as Chad Girodo in 2013. Rigby shutting things down with bases loaded/no outs was about as cool a thing as I've seen this year.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:18 pm

I was shocked that USM and the Bears were eliminated. I figured both would move on. I was not impressed with FSU all season. I knew Tulane would be a tough out, but I also knew what kind of team OM could put on the field. I would like to hear from OM athletic supporters and their thoughts on Bianco's coaching job this year.

Vegas should be rocking this weekend. I heard the tickets were gone in 5 minutes.

Any word on Reid Humphrey's hand? Losing him is like losing 2 people. Yes, Houston and Rigby were money last night. They could prove to be a huge down the stretch.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:53 pm

What a weekend. Dogs slid through with relative ease which was really surprising to me. As of right now, AZ and ULL are playing a game at 7 to decide who we will have in the Super in Starkville this weekend. As mentioned above really glad Houston has found his stuff these past few weeks...Perfect timing. Really hoping Hudson and Sexton get back going soon. Havent pitched bad just not as clean the past few games. Scouting reports and better competition have no doubt helped the opposition. Heard Humphrey's hand was only bruised so hopefully that won't keep him out of the line up too long if at all.

Honestly thought the Rebs were going to a Super this weekend based on the way they've been playing here lately but Tulane came back. They took 2 from LSU earlier in the year so you know they at least had a good squad going in. Really hate one bad apple threw the "Katrina" ball at the Tulane players during BP. Gives another black eye to the Rebs that don't need anything else to go south right now...

Thought the Eagles had a good shot as well. Like stated earlier, FSU didn't look as great to me either. Just glad the buzzards didn't get put in the Starkville regional and I'm sure the Rebs would say the same. You know they have a good squad that can surprise you.
SHERMANATOR
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:38 pm

. Havent pitched bad just not as clean the past few games.

1 run given up in last 18 innings
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 am

This is setting up to be a World Series to remember for the SEC. I am sure the brackets will be a source of contention for some but it is what it is. The SEC is a dominate force this year. Has the potential to be an all sec showdown final 4!!! Could be lsu or florida vs South Carolina and Texas am vs msu. I like dawgs chances.nthey couldn't have asked for a better series or matchup this weekend.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:02 am

Miss State vs Zona
Fri-Sun
5pm
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:22 am

I need two more chair backs if there is someone that isn't going

It's gonna be a packed house at the dude this weekend
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Well I knew State was going to have to play well to win their Super but did not expect them to go out like that. Rough day for the SEC overall.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:54 am

Very disappointing weekend for the Dawgs. No heart, no fight, Cohen pulls his hottest hitter because...well I'll let you know if I ever figure it out.

Return to “Sports Forum”