Friday NOA ....

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Friday NOA ....

Postby Greenhead22 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:53 am

That self-imposed bs isn't going to cut it, Rebs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it's sad to say that on twitter there are tons of Rebel fans that still think there was no wrong doing.

The worst part is they spent roughly 1.5 million of TAXPAYERS money on lawyer fees to fight $15,000 in illegal benefits.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Friday NOA ....

Postby stang67 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:07 am

The tin-foil hat brigade has gotten pretty clever -- hacking the UOM website and putting up a fake NOA. :lol: So incredibly much crow to be eaten around here.

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 am

sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:14 am

You realize most were self reported violations right? A few were tied to Saunders and Vaughn lying to the NCAA after they were with another team.

Another is Lindsey Miller just trying to catch his moment of fame. I'm not saying Ole Miss is clean. If you think State is squeaky clean as well then you're beyond naive. If you think ANY program is clean then you're beyond naive. Everyone is dirty in some regard.

If we're paying cruits (cause everyone is in some way form or fashion) then what did State pay Simmons? Or Kobe Jones? It doesn't really matter. Everyone pays players
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:10 am

Lmao. When everyone has 8 level 1 violations alleged against them (and counting), then you will be correct. Right now, you are wrong.

If you know of any violations, report them. Otherwise, quite slandering the young men. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by stang67 on Sat May 28, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 am

I'm not saying that State doesn't cheat. Schools do what they have to do to get certain players. They ALL do it. However, it's all about HOW you do it.

Ole Miss is a mediocre, middle of the pack, SEC school. Always has been, just like Miss State. I can admit it. However, when you jump out there and start signing Top 3, Top 5 recruiting classes with the likes of the big dogs at the food bowl, then that is going to raise eyebrows. If you're Top 5 year in, year out, they'll look the other way.

Anytime you make a 20-30 ranking jump in recruiting, that is going to draw attention. Everyone started speculating there was foul play involved. Now the facts have come out and shown that to be true. And this is only the beginning. Yesterday was just the appetizer. The main course is coming later this summer. The ACT fudging has been going on for years. I know of one case back in 2006 on an Ole Miss recruit from my hometown.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:57 am

Did Freeze have a moral responsibility to tell 2016 recruits about what was in this NOA? Was he honest with them?
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sat May 28, 2016 11:59 am

Ole Miss decided to sell their soul to the devil & go "all in" to compete with the big money schools that do the same thing. They will learn from their mistakes & get better at breaking these silly rules without being caught just like the others that break the rules.
What sucks is this all started with women's basketball! I'm guessing it would have eventually gotten to this point anyway though (after the red elephant club turned them in).
I'll say this though, after reading a good bit of the NOA & UM's response, I conclude that Tunsil is nothing but a typical entitled democrat that had his hand out & had UM by the short & curly's the entire time he was there. He's also a dishonest POS. Was he really worth all the negative pub UM is receiving? That question is for the Rebel fans.
In case you need to kill some time, here's the NOA & UM response.

Who knows who Student #2 & Individual # 7 & 8 are listed in this?

"Nobody beats a Cannon deal................NOBODY"
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Entitled!? BS. His mama makes a very comfortable living for their family. They have two nice homes and need for nothing. Such has been stated on this board numerous times, if you don't believe me. :wink:
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun May 29, 2016 9:26 am

GH 22 hasn't had this much fun and excitement since Farmersonly.com launched. :lol:
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am

The funny stuff is on twitter. Richard Cross had his panties in a wad last night. He wasn't pissed because Ole Miss got caught. He was pissed off because his "sources" in the ath dept bald face lied to him.

I know Steve Robertson has his moments, but every single statement he has made on this situation has ended up true. Tons of Rebels eating crow right now over this.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:34 am

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:43 pm

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:54 pm

Yeah Ole Miss self reported a lot of this after the NCAA was digging around. The overall money amount of these things does not add up to much but I think the bigger issue is the fact that Bjork and Freeze lied to the public and recruits about the NOA. Would such a religious and wonderful person do that? I don't think so. Also remember this is just what was found. How much did they get away with that was not found? Ole Miss is trying to spin it as rouge coaches and boosters but when you are talking about 6+ coaches and I don't know how many boosters that is a problem with the culture of the program.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:58 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”