So Stupid

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

So Stupid

Postby mshunter77 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:04 am

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... n-arrested

He probably was going to be the first OL taken in next years draft and pissed it all away.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Re: So Stupid

Postby eSJay » Tue May 17, 2016 1:43 pm

parole tide
what a dummy!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed May 18, 2016 3:16 pm

This is much to do about nothing. Just a couple of Bama players smoking weed, holding a bag of weed, and hanging out in a LA park in the early morning hours with a couple of guns in the vehicle, one of which happened to be stolen. I know what your thinking --- drug deal about to go down. But that type of speculation in the absence of facts is completely unfair to the players, their future careers, and the Bama program. This is really no biggee. They were probably just waiting on the early morning bingo game to start at the local VFW, and one thing led to another, and then.........this. Charges will likely be dropped and worst case scenario is that they'll have to run some extra wind sprints in practice this fall.

ITs not like they were smoking weed while wearing a gasmask. Nor were they in a loaner vehicle at the time. Nor were either of them asking for some rent money (heck, for that matter, they were probably in the process of earning their own money to spend.). And it's not like they fell/jumped out of a hotel window. Now IF they had done any of those things, well....hells bells ....THAT would have been some major schit deserving of an investigation by MSU private investigators, game suspensions and a shutdown of the entire program.

By comparison, this most recent incident regarding Bama players is similar to beating a fat woman senseless while helpless on the ground. No big deal at all. She probably provoked it and deserved it. So, there is nothing at all to worry about. These Bama players are from LA, and despite spurning LSU for Bama, they are still dearly loved by the state of LA and their hometown community. Just stupid stuff that kids do. It's just a big misunderstanding that will all get worked out.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:40 pm

LMAO. Expecially at the investigators part.

#rentfree
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Wed May 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Whatevs

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Thu May 19, 2016 8:22 am

I wish I could relax in a recliner. But, I'm still in my bunker.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:02 am

There is zero chance that anything happens to Cam...Hootie will be processed as the fall guy here. The charges will be dropped to misdemeanors and all will be well.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Thu May 19, 2016 11:30 am

Delta, you could be right.

I would add the following: during this void in the factual info, where speculation reigns, I'm hearing from sources that Tunsil planted the firearms and that Robert Nkemdiche provided the bag of weed. Sources say that this was all an elaborate plot to set up these Bama players orchestrated by Hugh Freeze, carried out while Freeze was in Destin at the SEC annual mtg. Of course, this is all just rumor and speculation at this point. Yet, in the absence of public denials or comment by Ole Miss officials, it must be true.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Firearms-related offenses are about the only things that Freeze's program hasn't allegedly dabbled in, so you could be right.

ETA: Unless you count MGKs threats at that nightclub. :lol:
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:37 pm

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard! I knew they would get off, just had no idea it would be because of sweat vs AC.
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/alaba ... son-062016
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:19 am

Oh yes, the new "sweating defense" legal argument. I'll have to add this to my arsenal of legal arguments for my clients.

It might go something like this:

"Your honor, in summation, my client exhiibited poor judgment due to the environment in which he was raised, and thus may have been a bit misguided in his actions.....but more than anything else in his defense, he was sweating ......yes, sweating your honor.......and has reached this point in his life through hard work and sweat, while everyone else was sipping mint juleps or drinking sweet tea in the comfort of air conditioning. It would be a shame your honor .... a travesty of justice even......to derail this young man's promising future in the NFL, and future millions $$$....with which he could pay my fees and fund your approaching retirement....over such relative trivial crimes and misdemeanors. How can we, the air conditioned society, cast negative judgment upon this sweaty young man who has no air conditioning? Free this young man your honor.......release him to pursue his sweat filled dreams of gridiron glory,NFL millions and air conditioning. Let's not let one or two little mistakes define this young man's life. Let's show the privileged air conditioned society that hard work and sweat on the football field trumps the normal repressive laws applicable to the cool and comfortable. "
Last edited by Po Monkey Lounger on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:31 am

This is great news, actually, for MSU fans. There is now hope for Simmons. His beat down of the fat girl was outdoors, and I'm certain he had to be sweating. Some blow up stills of the video should prove it. And I'll bet he's sweated a time or two on the football field to get to this point. Probably doesn't even have air conditioning at home. This new sweat defense might just work with an Oktibbeha Justice Court Judge and prosecutor.

Sorry Rebel fans, this defense would not have helped Robert Nkimdeche. He grew up in privileged air conditioning, and was in an air conditioned hotel at the time of the incidents.

Nor would it have helped Tunsil. He was in an air conditioned home.

Damned air conditioning.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 am

The best part about the whole deal is they were in LOUISIANA. And the cops let the 2 other people in the car go home. I think the cops wanted to bust the bama players but when letting the other 2 go, they later knew they had weak evidence.

Just glad they didn't rape, beat women or take money from boosters.

Regardless, BAMA WINS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Pretty hard to prove who the gun and weed belonged to with 4 people in the car. All legal experts I have heard speak about this basically said it would have been impossible to prove who it belonged to and would have been a waste of time but the DA is a DA for maintain those comments instead of explaining in more detail why they actually dropped it. Now do I believe that they had no involvement or knowledge of the gun and weed? Heck no.
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:23 pm

But isn't the driver of the vehicle supposed to be in control of the vehicle?

Return to “Sports Forum”