Ole Miss Notice of Allegations

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Re: Ole Miss Notice of Allegations

Postby eSJay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:13 pm

What's the latest on the U of M?
They shut the program down up there yet.
What say yall Bulldogs & gumps?
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:32 am

No word yet as Ole Miss has still not released the notice of allegations even though they are very minor and only a couple pertain to football and those are all under Nutt. There have even been people that have followed the proper legal channels to request it through the Freedom of Information Act since Ole Miss is a public state school but they are even finding ways around that.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:30 am

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 am

Everyone will get to see the NOA soon enough, in all its glory and infamy, once UM and others have responded. 90 day response time started running in approx mid-Jan 2016.

Until then folks, do try to push on with your lives the best that you can. I know it's difficult. But, try to be brave and courageous in the face of this lawless obstruction of justice and brash tyranny. Form support groups if needed. But push on and be comforted in the knowledge that....,,IT's COMING!!!!

In the meantime, I am preparing my bunker of obscurity and shame for entry after the punishment is announced by the NCAA. I have plenty of bourbon, wine, cigars, fire tools, knives, guns, Sugar Bowl momentos -- all the essentials needed for survival. At the minimum, I am mentally preparing myself for vacating all of UM's 2-4 wins during the 2010 and 2011 seasons, loss of all scholarships for 6 years, complete bowl and tv ban for 6 years, the firing and public shaming of Hugh Freeze, and the end of football as the Rebels have come to know over the last 4 years. At the worst, I am preparing for the death penalty -- not just UM football, but all members of The Network and RebelNation. Arm yourselves fellow Rebels and prepare to defend yourselves, your families, homes, land --- all that is sacred. IT's COMING, and hell is coming with it.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 pm

420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:04 pm

[quote=" But push on and be comforted in the knowledge that....,,IT's COMING!!!![/quote]

Kinda like Hillary's and the IRS' emails huh....I won't hold my breath
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Deltamud77, Ole Miss (Admin, coaching staff, etc.) is forbidden by the NCAA from communicating about the specifics of these matters publicly at this time in the process. In the absence of the specific info, rumor and innuendo run amok. General information releases intended to pacify are turned on their ear by critics with malicious intent over semantics and absent context. Thus, arguing about all this now would be pointless and a waste of your time and mine. Any defenses I might offer for UM at this point (especially here) would fall upon deaf ears, perceived as spin. People are going to believe what they want to believe. And I can live with that. :lol:

Here are a few absolute facts about Ole Miss football, of which I have personal knowledge. I am still basking in the glow of a great 2015 season, Sugar Bowl win, and top 5 2016 recruiting class. I am renewing my season tickets for the 2016 football season, and am looking forward to the upcoming season. The 2016 Ole Miss football season has not been cancelled. I plan to be in Orlando to kick off the season against FSU --- already have rooms reserved and tickets ordered. I plan to be at our home games against Alabama, Georgia, Memphis, Auburn, and MSU. I plan to be in Baton Rouge for the game against LSU (where I am 2-0 btw). I am holding open my calendar for the weekend of Dec. 3. I am looking forward to enjoying all of this with my son, who is moving back to Oxford later this spring. The outdoor patio at my Mom's Oxford home (aka "Grove East") will be ready, with even bigger screen tv. My tailgate group for the Grove will be ready. The new renovations to VHS will be ready. The Rebel football team and fanbase will be ready. Read between the lines all that you can. :wink:
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:31 pm

It's all "unsubstantiated drivel."
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Stang, I am guessing that your quote is from something that I posted here? re the Tunsil matter? back during the summer of 2015? Sorry, but I'm getting too old of memory for such subtlety.

IF so, I'm pretty sure that I have already publicly admitted my sin of being wrong about the Tunsil matter, and asked the board for forgiveness. I just did not know about the Cannon Motors stuff. $#!+ happens. Yes, I'm rarely wrong about anything (I was once wrong back during the 70s), so I was overdue. :wink: Sorry man. Hope you didn't lose any money over it. If you weren't referring to any quote of mine, then nevermind.

I am not here to throw cold water on your (or anyone else's) hopes and dreams of Ole Miss football getting the death penalty from the NCAA. I admittedly have no specific or first hand personal knowledge about any of the allegations in the NOA, nor in the rumored 2nd, 3rd and 4th NOAs, nor have I seen any of them. (The Network doesn't share all details with all members. We are strictly on a need to know basis only, creating plausible deniability. My areas of operation are squeaky clean.) So, dream on and BELIEVE. Keep hope alive.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:54 pm

What can I say Delta, we have better/smarter lawyers at Ole Miss than UNC does. :lol:

It is my understanding (not personal knowledge) that the UM Adm directed the NCAA to address and send the formal NOA to UM's outside counsel located in another state. UM is not actually in possession of the NOA within the state of MS. Thus, the state open records request submitted to UM by inquiring minds did not result in production of the NOA.

And the NCAA does indeed expect that the NOA remain confidential until all affected parties have responded. However, the NCAA's preferences cannot stop any public entity from having to respond to a legal public records request. UM is just not going to voluntarily produce such a document, counter to the NCAA's request, at this stage of the process. For obvious reasons, it would not be smart for UM to be battling the NCAA in the media before formally responding to the allegations.

All of this will likely be a moot point in less than 60 days, when Ole Miss publicly produces the NOA, along with its responses to the allegations within the NOA. In the meantime, there are support groups ready and on standby for any who just don't think they can wait that long. :wink:
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Geniuses y'all are. LMAO!
Last edited by stang67 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:42 am

So, now the rumor on boards is that the NCAA has at least one burner phone provided to a recruit by the OM staff and that OM gave at least $5,000 to Bo Scarborough to come on a visit (which he allegedly returned and then signed with Bama for free :wink: ).

If this is true (which I assume it is not), then the 30 For 30 on Hue Freeze and OM is going to be quite interesting.

Return to “Sports Forum”