Smoke em if ya got em Rebs. Sugar Bowl Champions!!

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Smoke em if ya got em Rebs. Sugar Bowl Champions!!

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Just now recovering from a great trip to NOLA topped off by a big program win for the Rebels.

Reb fans pretty much took over downtown New Orleans/French Quarter. Huge turnout by a fan base comprised of those starving for a chance to relive past, regular Sugar Bowl trips, along with those like me for whom this is something new.

Got to see the tail end of the NYE Sugar Bowl parade and the Ole Miss pep rally, prior to a great NYE dinner at Morton's steak house, followed by after dinner cigars/drinks at the cigar bar located on Canal and a NYE UM Alum party at the Sheraton.

Gameday started off with coffee and bloody Mary's at Loew's hotel bar, followed by my son's announcement of engagement. Got to spend some time with the happy couple and some of my future in-laws from Lafayette LA. Had po-boys at Serio's, followed by a return to the cigar bar to watch games. Pre-game meal was at the Redfish Grill. Then it was ON!!

Dominating performance by the Rebels after a slow start. Kelly, Treadwell and Engram put on quite a show. Enjoyed every minute of it. It's been a long time coming. I was done by the time the game was over, with all my big plans for the post-game partying giving way to the reality of fatigue. I think it's called getting old. :lol:

To my fellow Rebs who attended or watched on tv at watch parties, please share with us some details of your Sugar Bowl experience.

Hotty Toddy!!!
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Smoke em if ya got em Rebs. Sugar Bowl Champions!!

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Smoke that well deserved cigar. The sugar bowl is a fun event to go to. I am lucky enough to be able to go to it once and the national championship game between LSU and Bama. New Orleans and a big game just go so well together. I bet Mannings sports bar was packed full of red and blue.
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Smoke em if ya got em Rebs. Sugar Bowl Champions!!

Postby gator » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:15 pm

was a FINE time down in NOLA, that much is for sure!

gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper

Return to “Sports Forum”