Manny Diaz

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Re: Manny Diaz

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Mullen just hired Sirmon from USC.
southernmallard
Duck South Addict

Postby southernmallard » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 am

I'm the toughest MSU fan to please, but I like this one from what I have seen!

In my opinion, semi-underwhelming from an X's and O's standpoint. He hasn't been a DC before, etc.

But, from a recruiting standpoint, this is a great hire. He was recruiting coordinator there and recruited the #1 recruiting class in 2015. Granted, it's different recruiting at USC vs. MSU, but still....we needed some form firepower there, I feel like we are getting left behind by Freeze & Co. and we needed to step up our game if we didn't wan't to be their punching bag for the next few years.

From all that I have read on the USC message boards, he will be missed. They loved him and said he was very intense and had a lot of fire. I loved Tony Hughes, especially from a recruiting standpoint.....but my gosh we need some fire. We have no identity on the sidelines anymore.

So, jury is still out so far....but I am all for Sirmon so far!
GRHRCH Hilltop's Peanut Butter Crackers MH QAA - "Nab"
Jackson's Record Chasing Redux - "Riley"

HAIL STATE
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:44 am

State definelty needs to up their recruiting. Mullen would be well served hiring a couple of high intensity proven recruiters. Hopefully his coaching skills are on par with his recruiting. State is not that far behind but just does not have those big time difference makers other teams have.

Return to “Sports Forum”