First Denzel and now Robert!!!! Wth

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Re: First Denzel and now Robert!!!! Wth

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:53 am

LMAO - You think resisting arrest and disorderly conduct doesn't compare to possession of Mary jane or spice?

Maybe you need to take the glasses off.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:56 am

Yeah that innocent spice...

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/1347 ... -guilty-in

I don't want to argue. If you use synthetic mj, you have a serious issue. If MSU has any athletes doing it, I want them as far away from Starkville as possible, and it blows my mind that you wouldn't feel the same.

Fwiw, if the players are guilty of resisting, I don't want them to play.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Now let me share my opinion. Clay Travis is the only one reporting it was spice and some of the story he reported is absolutely false. He was arrested for mary jane. I agree none of them should be doing spice but lots of the players are doing it because it doesn't show up on a drug test.

The problem I have with suspending him or the 2 players from State is everyone should be on equal grounds in college football. If he was in a state where pot was legal he would not have been charged. If the 2 State players were in the city limits they would not have been charged with possession. ( eventhough it was the cops 3rd time to come to the party about loud noise)

It's time for the NCAA to set rules that apply to everyone in college football.

The other problem I have is people downing Freeze for how he handles situations. The 2 kids from Ms State bailed out of jail and was back at practice the same day with discipline to be handled internally. In my opinion, resisting arrest is a serious issue yet no one has said anything about how Mullen handled that situation.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

tazdog
Veteran

Postby tazdog » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:16 pm

These players receive compensation for playing football as in scholarships. This is their job if a working man does something that reflects negatively on the company they work they are punished rather it be by being fired or something else. The schools have to make a stand somewhere. Say you have a player that you know is using and you overlook it and they od the school could be named in a lawsuit we all know how somebody is looking to sue somebody. I also believe that tha AD and boosters have slot to say about punishment handed down in cases like this
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Were the pillows and alarm clock located at the scene?
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:23 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Saying spice is synthetic weed is like saying drain-o is synthetic alcohol.
NUTMEG
Duck South Addict

Postby NUTMEG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Greenhead22 it wasn't MIP, it was possession in a dry county. (which is a joke)

But do 95% States students under 21 get arrested for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct?
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm an Ole Miss fan and I don't think he should play. Weed isn't the devil, and it doesn't make you jump out of windows. You'll eat a bag of cheetos while staring out of the window. He's probably on spice, I would imagine. Suspend him. Put your stud Freshman Breeland Speaks in and lets get ready to win the Sugar Bowl.

Also, Shea on board... Hotty Toddy
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:30 am

I'm terribly sorry fellow Rebs if RN took my " smoke em if ya got em" celebration a step too far. Ain't no weed in my humidor, just fine cigars. :wink:

Info I am hearing is that he was busted for possession of weed, and had been smoking weed, not spice.

Basically, he was back home with his homies, smoking weed in hotel at party, someone called the cops due to noise, etc, and he was injured trying to jump out of window to avoid cops. Approx 15 ft jump -- about deer ladder stand height. Bad decisions? No doubt. Not something that I would do at age 54. But, young 20 something year olds tend to make bad decisions every now and then. I don't think it makes him public enemy number 1.

Should he be suspended for Sugar Bowl? Hell, I don't know. He didn't hurt anyone else ( other than some damaged hotel property). No one thought he was an angel. Whatever Freeze decides, I think the Rebs will be just fine. It's a tough call since it will likely be RN's last college football game. Will probably depend upon whether RN can convince Freeze that he will be dialed in, focused, and ready to play football with great intensity on 1/1/16. If not, then I think Freeze sits him out and cuts him loose. Can't afford to keep/play a liability to the team.

Freeze has cut several players loose in the past for failing drug tests and related discipline issues. Thus, I suspect that all this Freeze bashing is based upon nothing more than conjecture, as opposed to facts.

Without a doubt, no fan of ANY SEC school has any basis to throw stones. These are big boy program problems. RN won't be the last. It comes with the territory. We could field a team full of outstanding, high character, academically superior Eagle Scouts, but I doubt we would win many games. So, we recruit the best players and hope for the best. Overall, it seems to be working out so far.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:34 am

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:50 am

no weed isn't that far off...rarely does a week go by that there isn't at least 1 driving arrest with an addendum for possession and/or paraphernalia in the "bad dawgs" section of the reflector (campus paper).
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:39 am

I am with Gator, Sit him. I am sick of stupid thugs. Freeze has no ground to stand on from here out if he lets him play. I really like Freeze, but this is where the rubber meets the road. His values versus winning. You Ole Miss homers want the victory at all cost and I understand that, but I admire Freeze a lot more if he cuts him loose. This coming from a guy who really really dislikes State and generally an Ole Miss fan. Don't mistake "fan" for "homer"
There will be a day....
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:16 am

Return to “Sports Forum”