Bama- SEC champs

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

skywalker
Duck South Addict

Bama- SEC champs

Postby skywalker » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:18 pm

RTR! Good game. Henry sealed the Heisman, IMO.
Some questions:
1- Bama have a chance in the CFP against OK?
2- How many players turn Pro? Impact for next year?

Thoughts?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Bama- SEC champs

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Bama playing MSU in first round. I think that is the match up that fits them best. Going to need to passing game to be more consistent to win the title. As far as next year they will obviously lose Coker, Henry, Drake, Ryan Kelly(possibly best center in clollege) and the RT,and will take a big hit on defense. Cyrus Jones, Ragland, Geno Smith, and about 5 or 6 defensive linemen
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Bigger question: Is the trophy tour starting at a Walmart or a truck stop?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:40 pm

bmanning3
Regular

Postby bmanning3 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:59 pm

I wouldn't call it a truck stop.. But there is a Walmart gas station just off I-55 at the sardis exit. Dangdest thing I've seen
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:53 pm

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:14 am

I'm not sure I've ever watched a more anti-climatic and boring "Championship" television broadcast, including the obligatory celebration post game...compared to the other conference title games on Saturday, the SEC looked pitiful. The SEC East needs to figure it out and get things better, and I know Alabama fans can't agree, but watching the Alabama regime is boring and old and tired regardless of how much they win and how much NFL talent they have.

SEC needs new life, this is the first year I've personally truly felt the national lean go more towards other coferences and SEC falling off...B1G and ACC both more popular and the OK, Baylor, OK St, TCU conglomerate is pushing hard for a spot at the "perception" table....

We can all talk and we all know SEC has more players...but perception is reality and the competition and show is better in other conferences right now. Alabama is BORING and there is only 2-3 other programs in conference holding up their end of the deal. Anybody that half ass follows college football realize that as of Dec 5, Florida is the best SEC east could send to the champ game and by end of the season they would be in a tight race for 3rd or 4th best team in the West.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:07 am

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:35 pm

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:56 pm

This Rebel fan thought the Tide's victory in the SEC championship game to be a thing of beauty.

The alternative would have been uglier than Caitlyn Jenner and caused mass hysteria and chaos. Thank the Lord this was averted. Whew!!!
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:11 pm

I think Colin Cowherd stole your login.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Meh... If Grier hadn't been taking a PED, it would have been a different story. Treon Harris is not a SEC QB.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Camlock, you and I don't agree often, but I agree with you on this. The SEC was better when the east was at least capable of fielding a team to compete in the SECCG. The last couple of years the winner of the west was basically the SEC winner. With that said, I'm not sure it's gonna get better before it gets worse. With the exception of OM and LSU nobody is recruiting well enough to keep up with th machine that's AL football. But w Miles at the helm, LSU will probably never have a QB which makes them too one dimensional, and OM proved again that while they can get the big name guys their depth is an issue for long term success in the SECW. Maybe some of that changes, maybe it doesn't, time will tell. The rest of us in the West are just playing musical chairs to fill out the bottom four, with maybe one of us finishing in the top 2 or 3 some years, but not often.
work hard, play hard
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:22 pm

For once I agree 100% with my little buddy. I am a Bama fan and I find myself getting bored with some of their games. I absolutely love watching a great defense play with intensity but Bama usually has the game in hand by 4th quarter and defense just does not have same intensity. Yes the offense is completely different this year and that is because Saban is smart enough to make his offense what ever works. This year we had fresman and sophomore WRs and an average QB but a stud RB, so ground and pound it was. Even the Bama/LSU matchup is not interesting anymore.

Return to “Sports Forum”