Urban Meyer

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Urban Meyer

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Are things going to start to unravel for him. I am sure everyone has seen the comments from his players. After he left Florida there was a lot of stuff come out about how he lost control of the locker room and showed certain players special privileges and let them get away with what ever. Is this starting to happen at OSU?
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Re: Urban Meyer

Postby hillhunter » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Whether it's high school, college, or pro if the players don't respect the coach then it's hard for the program to do well. Not saying there aren't exceptions, but when the players start openly criticizing coaching decisions then a lot of times it's just the beginning of the end.
work hard, play hard
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:28 am

If you really think about it, the idea that Urban is a disciplinarian and keeps a tight ship is a farce. Here is one person that is willing to call a spade a spade ... http://www.secrant.com/ncaa-football/cl ... /59810840/
Last edited by stang67 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:40 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:16 am

If I was coaching the last regular season game I would give Elliot the ball every down!!! Watch him be shut down like fornette and his stock drop. Then after they lose big to michagan say I did what Elliot said I should have done last week and we lost again!!! How quickly they forget a national championship. Players need to know their place in the game. They are not above everyone. You don't see lsu running back running his mouth wanting the ball after several poor games against good defenses. Ohio st finally plays a good team and all hell breaks loose.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:05 am

To be fair, there was chatter from the Fournette camp early in the season that they didn't want him getting so many carries, feeling like he was being abused.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Sub-Urban didnt have a single top 25 team on the OSU schedule, UNTIL they played Mich. State, and that game didnt turn out so good for him....and, Mich. might just be the nail in his coffin, this year....OSU will prolly be just another 10-2 team, looking for a decent bowl game....jmho.

Return to “Sports Forum”