Tee Shepard

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Tee Shepard

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:41 am

See he has made some negative comments about the coaching staff. Anybody have any inside a info? I am inclined to think it is just a disgruntled player.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Tee Shepard

Postby stang67 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:18 pm

You interested in hearing from the same insiders who said Tunsil wouldn't miss a down, or those who said he'd miss 2 games, or those who said he'd miss 4 games? Cuz you got options aplenty 'round here.

There are/were screen shots of private tweets floating around. He basically said no one had told him the hearing impairment was an issue and that UOM had not even cared about him until the 11th hour of his recruitment, presumably to just steal a State recruit. Pretty clear to me he just wasn't a good player and Freeze used a really bad reason for dismissing him. Which the hearing thing was fishy, because Freeze's comments mentioned it being a problem on the road, and defenses deal with noise more at home.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:26 am

Freeze publicly said they begged him to stay on Monday at his press conference...who knows, it's big boy football, get your panties on straight or get out...who cares? The pay sites says it's been widely understood Tee is/was the issue, not Ole Miss coaches. Who knows, again who cares? He's getting a paid education as a disabled young man, he wasn't contributing much on the field. I don't feel for anyone involved.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:18 am

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:09 am

Wow. Les Miles approves.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:28 am

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:08 am

During a game, the coaches needed Tee to shift over to the husky position. He refused. Thereafter he sat.

Prior to this drama, he did not participate in voluntary workouts with his teammates during the summer, and has missed team meetings.

These actions have made him an unpopular player with his teammates.

Coach Freeze practically begged him not to quit, but to stay and work out his issues. Instead, he quit.

It appears now that he will be allowed to rejoin the team at some point. His teammates apparently have had some input into this decision.

Tee's public comments have shown a high level of immaturity. He needs to grow up and stop using his hearing impairment as an excuse. It certainly didn't cause him to refuse to play when needed in a game, not participate in workouts, and miss team meetings. The team and coaches can work through his hearing issues and have been doing so. It's these other issues that can't be tolerated.

Tee is a very talented player. His talent is not the issue.

Your mileage may vary.
Last edited by Po Monkey Lounger on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:09 am

Btw, re Tunsil, most of my comments re his situation were simply me, in jest, picking at opposing fans here
who were so obsessed with his status. I assumed that most of you were smart enough to catch that --- but, perhaps I gave you too much credit.

Based upon previous NCAA discipline re minor agent contact and other such violations, the consensus seemed to indicate nothing more than a 2 game suspension at worst, based upon the known facts re Tunsil's involvement with agents.

While I was correct that no punishment would directly ensue from his altercation with the gold digging stepfather, and no significant punishment would be leveled re the agent contact, I was clearly wrong about the length of the suspension because I had no info at that time re the Cannon Motors situation. I quit posting about it when it was clear that I did not have all the facts.

If you would rather not hear any commentary about topics of interest re Ole Miss, absent 100% certainty, then I will stop sharing such info because I will never have perfect info. For that matter, no one will.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:08 pm

So you weren't wrong, you were just joking. And anyone who took 30 seconds to discuss it on a msg board is 'obsessed' in the first place. Got it. :lol:

Just pickin' at ya, bud, especially if I said anything wrong. :D
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:28 pm

Well, I just went back and re-read my comments in that Tunsil thread. While I was thinking two games suspension max due to the agent issues, I never posted it here. Hell, all of my comments here were me just joking around about the criminal charges by the father-in-law.

But, I was still wrong --- at least in unwritten thought --- I admit. I was obviously feeling guilty as charged. :wink:

Just a senior moment. There will probably be more. :lol:

After the father-in-law actually proceeded with the initial court hearing, I realized that all my contacts who supposedly were in the know we're full of it. Then, when the adm sat him out without any public specific comments, then I knew something was up. The NCAA was camped out in Oxford for approx two weeks right before the season started. While most of it was related to women's basketball and women's track, part of it was the Tunsil situation. And now we know it was primarily the Cannon Motors loaner car issue that peaked the NCAA's interest.

I'm still not sure that a 7 game suspension was warranted, but "it is what it is" --- Tunsil was not very smart and opened the door to this situation. The only silver lining is that Tunsil may actually be available to play for us the entire final leg of the season. Previously, Tunsil had yet to even come close to playing a full season for Ole Miss due to injuries. In two Egg Bowls, he may have played one half. So maybe now, by starting mid-season, he can make it through the final stretch of consecutive SEC games. He should be fresh as a daisy.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:52 pm

What exactly did he "win"?

There doesn't appear to me to be any winners in this situation. Tee isn't playing, and the Rebs aren't getting the benefits of him playing.

Return to “Sports Forum”