When it rains it pours....

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

sab316
Veteran

When it rains it pours....

Postby sab316 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Things keeping going from bad to worse for Ole Miss. Embarrassing loss in the Swamp, showing our extreme lack of depth on the OL. Playing tons of Freshman on the line, guys not playing their natural position, missed blocks, and guys playing injured.

Add to this CJ Johnson the senior captain of our defense, is down 4-6 weeks with a torn meniscus. Same injury Tony Conner is out with. So he will miss A&M and Auburn, possibly be back before the LSU game where he would have to face Fournette, or be back for the Egg Bowl. I hate to see the guy get hurt, he's a genuinely good guy and has already missed significant playing time with a injury 2 years ago.

Reports Tee Shepherd is about to quit the team as well. Supposedly his hearing impairment is not allowing him to hear checks from the sidelines, when the offense moves men in motion. He's complaining about lack of playing time as well as Kendarius Webster has been in his starting spot.

So that moves out total number of injured / missing players to:

Defense: Tony Conner / CJ Johnson / Issac Gross / possibly Tee Shepherd

Offense: Tunsil (OL) (eat a dick NCAA) / Bell (OL) / Rawlings (OL) - Playing hurt / Conyers (OL) - Playing hurt / Rod Taylor (OL) - Just came back and playing hurt

Just can't seem to catch a break with injuries these past few years. Hugh's missed out on a few OL, but the lack of recruiting along the offensive line and linebacks is really showing right now.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: When it rains it pours....

Postby stang67 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Major Payne had something to say about sympathy. Solid flick!
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:56 am

That does suck. I am not an OM fan by any means, but I hate to see a team that has the ability to make a real run snuffed out by injuries to key players.
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Well its official, Tee released a statement through the school that said that his hearing impairment and injuries and taken away his love of football. He thanked Freeze for showing him unconditional love and is staying at Ole Miss to finish his degree. Hope the best for him, and hopefully he shows kids with similar impairments that they can do anything they want.

Hilton is moving to Huskie position which Tony Conner usually plays, and Elston to Rover, CJ Hampton to start at Free safety.

Also word is that Tunsil will be back for Memphis. Granted I will believe it when I see 78 walk on to the field, but that would be a big boost to a very depleted offensive line.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 am

Right now, 4 of 5 starting OL out for Saturday and four defensive starters. Life in the fast lane I guess.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Return to “Sports Forum”