Bama v. UGA and Ole Miss v UF Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Bama v. UGA and Ole Miss v UF Prediction Thread

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Who wins these games and why?

Bama v UGA:

I think Bama wins a close game by slowing (not stopping) the run game of Georgia and by limiting the Georgia pass game. I also think this is the typical "Richt Big Game" wherein he should win the big one to get them in national title consideration and then doesn't for inexplicable reasons.

Bama wins 28-14 in an ugly game.

Ole Miss v. Florida:

Earlier this week, I though this might be a close game and even thought about picking the upset. I don't believe that anymore. Florida has pretty much zero offense can could barely score on UTenn, which has pretty much zero defense. Unless Ole Miss just really sucks it up, I see them winning in similar fashion to their game against Texas A&M last year. I think there is hype about it being close but Ole Miss goes in and blows the doors off.

Ole Miss 42-14
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Bama v. UGA and Ole Miss v UF Prediction Thread

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Not sure I can argue with either prediction you had there. I think Bama comes out looking to prove a point and it is close at half and things finally start clicking for Bama and they pull away in second half. Have not got to watch Florida play. I know they have had QB issues. If they can not get pressure on kelly they have no chance.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:10 am

Between the ongoing Laremy Tunsil situation (which appears to be a 6 game suspension at this point) and the overall health of Ole Miss offensive line, that unit is going to end up costing Ole Miss an otherwise special season....I hope that doesn't start this weekend.

Bama wins a tight game that they are never really in jeopardy of losing....I think Saban just boils it down and plays big boy football with Richt, minimizes Chubb and Lambert just can't beat Saban. (Bama is gonna do same thing to LSU too, BTW...)
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 am

ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:28 am

rebs gators matchup.

gators have a bit of an injury/illness bug going around as well as the reb's. Gators will or should play a lot of cover 2 this weekend. If they can get pressure on Kelly, that's definitely in favor of the gators. gators offense hasn't been exactly spectacular the first 4 weeks of the season, and they have questions at the qb position. I expect the rebs to play to not give up the "big play" allowing Florida to move the ball between the 20's. rebels offensive line continues to be a place of concern, Justin bell is out, rod taylor is going to try to give it a go, tunsil is out or looks that way, conyers will play hurt with a knee. Can we piece an OL together to be serviceable for the run game and give Kelly time to score? if rebs get their head of their asses and don't have dumb penalties that keep drives alive for Florida and play clean, we should win this one. Kelly gets happy feet, a few 15 yard penalties here and there against the rebs defense, and it'll be closer than I care for in the 4th quarter. I'm nervous bad nervous, exact type game where we usually screw it up.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:09 pm

I have a feeling football fans in MS not going to be happy on Sunday morning...may be the old pessimistic football fan of the not-so-long ago era of college football in MS....IDK.

Rebs vs Gators:
Rebels prepared very well for Bama mentally and physically and had time to do so. Florida is not the Florida of old but they are improving. Still a win on the road in the SEC is a hard thing to come by. The Swamp is still the Swamp. UM defense is great, possibly the best group in college football if you judge all 11 positions together. Florida needs help to score points but I do believe the Gator D may help with that. Kelly will have a bigger test this week than Bama IMO. The Gators are going to pressure him good from the edge. He better step up in pocket and be able to deliver accurate throws. He may very well be the greatest thing since sliced bread.....but I have my doubts. Florida wins a close one with help from a Pick 6 by the D...maybe 2 :shock:

Bama vs UGA:
I like Richt...wish he could pull this one off...I will be rooting for him, but history tells us Bama will take care of business. IF Bama loses then they may lose 2-3 more this season because we have all seen how the Tide reacts when they do not have a SEC or National Championship to play for. That aside I think we will not see that unfold. I am pulling for the other Bulldogs but Bama wins. :(

You forgot Dogs vs Aggies:
Oh how I wish Dak and the Dogs go out there and expose A&M as a pretender instead of a contender. They have a chance, but the one full game I watched A&M play they looked much improved on D and their passing game scares me. The bend but don't break philosophy of Diaz works pretty good on a team that marches down the field. The Aggies have the ability to score TDs from outside the 20. That is scary with Diaz at the calls. We need to get physical with A&M when we are on offense and I am wishing the Bowling Ball was back there in the backfield for this one. A SEC game on the road, explosive offense to try to hold, and lack of ability to run the football with a strong physical presence inside the tackles + close loss for the bulldogs I am afraid. :(

Maybe all 3 picks will be wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are we gonna get wet?
Gunslinger
Veteran

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Alabama looked good and Ole Miss is getting exposed. Sorry to state the obvious. Looking forward to the comments in the coming days.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:11 pm

RTR! Bama showed up!

Go Gators........Ole Miss looks bad, real bad.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Smoke em if you got em... Gators!
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:13 am

Exactly what I thought would happen just happened!!!! Now if Georgia wins out and ole miss can beat lsu and bama wins out then it will be Rebs and dawgs for sec championship. I don't see florida winning east but it could happen. Will bama get in again not playing a championship game?? Appears if Rebs keep playing like they did last night bama has no worries. It's the story of the sec I rekon. Just hope ohio state gets beat!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:37 am

No way Ole Miss wins out. As I have stated many times they are not as good as everybody thinks. Maybe now I can say that with out being called a hater. They blew up two cupcake teams, beat Bama on a fluke play, and had lots of help from the refs to beat Vandy. Still don't understand why so many thought they were so great.
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:52 am

Where'd who go?
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 am

Two 70+ pt games vs cupcakes and a 5 turnover Bama win will cause that deliriousness.
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

Ole miss was exposed for sure. I was disappointed with that performance. I think the ole land shark defense got beached. They were barely an obstacle for the Florida offense. State gave me what I expected. They are decent but nothing to write home about. What Bama did to Georgia was far more impressive than anything else I saw this weekend. This coming from someone who has no allegiance to any of them. I just like SEC football.

FWIW I still don't think Arkansas and Tennessee are bad football teams. TN just cant play for more than three and a half quarters. I said the other day that AR was a pretty decent 1-3 team and will likely beat either ole miss or state.

I don't know who is #1 but IMO it is not OSU. I will soon be a Spartan and Wolverine fan.
There will be a day....
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 am

Return to “Sports Forum”