Bama v. UGA and Ole Miss v UF Prediction Thread

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

peewee
Duck South Addict

Re: Bama v. UGA and Ole Miss v UF Prediction Thread

Postby peewee » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:38 am

Ole Miss is no where near a top 5 team. Think about what would have happened if the Gators where healthy and didn't have a stomach bug flowing through half the team. State has talent on offense but co-offensive coordinators don't have a clue how to use the talent. MSU's coaching staff is the only coaching staff I have ever seen give up with 3 minutes left in the game. Ran it twice with little to no yds at the end of the game. Absolutely IGNORANT. That play calling couldn't pass in peewee leagues (no offense to peewee b/c we all know he is an ALPHA MALE :D ). States offensive coordinators put the D in dumb for their use of Dear. You bring him in for 1 run play, he runs 60 yards for a TD and you never go back to him as a running back. They either want us to loose or are lost in the booth.
Peewee
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:00 am

Wow. Who would have thought that in the first week of October the entire SEC is still up for grabs.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:04 am

I don't think anyone could have foreseen the arse-kicking that Florida put on OM this weekend...I actually thought it would be the other way around.

I am not real sure what to think about it either as I am still not sure that Florida is that good. They are a bowl team and probably a Top 20 team as well, but they woodshedded OM like they were a mid-major.

So, when you look at OM, they have a win against Bama in Tuscaloosa...that is impressive no matter how you slice it. Bama goes and dominates UGA. OM has two 70+ point performances and a lackluster win over a horrible Vandy team. They now have a 4 touchdown defeat to Florida (that had to come from behind to beat what appears to be a bad UTenn team at home).

I think the lesson we learn is parity in this conference.

I still think Bama loses again in the regular season. Texas A&M and OM have the best remaining schedules. LSU has far and away the worst remaining schedule of the "contenders".

It is very possible, as we sit here today, that OM wins the West, but they have to play better, get Tunsil back and Conner. I am of the mindset that Conner's absence is a bigger deal than Tunsil.

I think Ole Miss loses one more though. I think Bama loses again. I think Texas A&M loses at least one and likely two. I think LSU loses at least three (OM, Bama and Florida or Texas A&M). OM has the tie-break on Bama. Win and you are in if you are OM. Pretty simple as we sit here today.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:13 am

I pretty much called it in the earlier post....not the spanking UF put on Rebs but the loss in general. Thought Bama would win but not the margin they did. And MSU troubles was exposed as mentioned. None of it really was surprising.
Are we gonna get wet?
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:13 am

Are we gonna get wet?
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:50 am

One bad night, especially in a place like the Swamp, by a bunch of 18-20 year old boys in man sized bodies does not define what a team is and can or will be...everyone making definitive statements about where the team came from and where its heading are jumping the gun just as much as the ones that anointed it too early when it's was winning...good teams have bad games, and good teams also have weaknesses and get beat...it happens every single year...but rest assured none of you boys with an axe to grind have something figured out; Ole Miss might lose 3-4 more games it might be undefeated or somewhere in between, but all this chest pounding about how you got it figured out is just the fanboy coming out in you...it's fun when what you WANT to see is what you are actually witnessing ain't it, makes for easy target.

With all that being said, if Ole Miss can't fix the O-Line, it's gonna have troubles...the O-Line is the start of it all 1) NO running game, no blocking 2) two deep safeties complete take away the size/athletic advantage the receiving corp is built for b/c they don't need the safeties to stop the run or blitz b/c the O-Line is getting molested 3) the defense is getting worn out b/c offense is putting them in bad spots and leaving them on the field...O-Line is the issue and you can't recruit depth mid season and you can heal the unhealthy overnight, so who knows how it'll be handled.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Cam, are you of the mindset that the OL coach should be released at the end of the year?
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:34 pm

I don't think any team can win the SEC without a good running game.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:52 pm