my thoughts on Saturday night

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

camlock
Duck South Sponsor

my thoughts on Saturday night

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:29 am

Joe (mshunter77), your assessment of Kelly is so far off in my opinion it's not even funny....Kelly throw up a prayer while being sacked that turned into a tipped ball circus touchdown, short of that he was spectacular in the circumstances and considering this was his FIRST ever major D1 football game. Freeze was quoted saying he missed TWO reads all night long!!!! Receivers weren't always on their routes, but that is not Kelly's fault, that's playing against a good defense that is disrupting the play. He threw for 341 yards, made several stupid accurate first down passes, he never even sniffed turning the ball over. He hardly took a sack despite tons of pressure, he moved and delivered the ball. What the h*ll else do you expect him to do???? If you wanna find things to make you feel like Ole Miss is not that good and Bama lost the game themselves (which is just freaking weak all the way around), you need find something other than Chad Kelly...

Ole Miss scored 43 points against Bama in Tuscaloosa, I'd have to believe it few and far between that's happened to Saban and Bama many times regardless of circumstances in which they were earned...only one of the those turnovers wasn't caused by Ole Miss, so you can throw that 17 give me out the window too...when you knock the ball out or pick the ball off and give it back to your offense and score...that's good football, that's earned that's WINNING. All this talk about Bama giving it away, get the F out...Ole Miss earned 4 of the 5 turnovers which led to points; it's conveniently lost that on two of Bama big scoring drives that kept them in the game, Ole Miss dropped interceptions that hit them in the chest, both on well played defense...the game is not even close in 4th quarter if Nkemdiche and Webster catch those balls. The onside kick that gave Bama a chance was a luck bounce and a questionable batted ball...Bama made mistakes, yeah, but playing against good teams cause those things...that's part of the game. Iif you wanna break down nuts and bolts, both teams are good, both teams got breaks that swung momentum numerous times and that is what happens when two good team battle...all this cause and effect $#!+ is for the birds....two good teams beat the hell out of each other for 4 hours and the one that landed the final blow (hammering the QB and causing a wounded duck interception) won that game b/c they earned it. Tip your hat and move on...
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Re: my thoughts on Saturday night

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 am

beatbama.jpg
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:21 am

Bama als dropped multiple interceptions, two of the picks by ole miss were because a true freshman WR made the wrong cut on his route. The long TD ole miss got on Kelly's scramble play could have been called back due to OL being 5+ yards downfield. My point is nobody thought Bama could stolp that Offense but without a constant short field and fluke plays Ole Miss puts up 20 tops. Bama did not deserve to win that game but if Ole Miss is as good as everybody thinks they beat Bama way worse being that they got 5 turnovers. I am in a big group chat which is mostly Ole Miss fans o e other Bama fan and one LSU fan. Three of the Ole Miss fans played college ball and arena ball and they all agreed a Kelly last Omer scared much of the game. Ole Miss may go on to win the title who knows, I have always said it takes some luck for any team to win the title.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 pm

RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:39 pm

I was there, it was painful to watch. Ole Miss showed up ready to play and Bama did not. I hope we find a qb before the season ends, cause the boys we have at present ain't getting it done. Enjoy a quality win in a hostile environment and finish it out this season!
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Here are my thoughts on the game (not that anyone cares)**:

**I hate both teams equally, so I don't and didn't have a dog in the hunt

- I thought Ole Miss would win in a lower scoring game relatively speaking, though I figured Ole Miss would win by more points and score over 30...not over 40.
- Ole Miss was incredibly lucky on a few critical plays - including two long scores...that is undeniable. There is no doubt a lineman was too far downfield on one TD and how often do you see a QB literally throw a ball up for grabs, downfield, and it not only not get intercepted but bounce into a receiver's hands for a TD?
- Alabama's offense is pretty horrible by their standards - especially the QBs and receivers...but part of that is because the Ole Miss defense is really good and tackles so well.
- That being said, I was somewhat surprised at the amount of yards given up by the OM defense given the fact that Bama clearly has QB and receiver issues.
- I thought OM was the best team in the SEC prior to the game and I think they are the best team after the game. I think Georgia is a close second and LSU is probably a distant third at the moment...maybe Texas A&M, though I think we still don't know much about them yet.
- In an acknowledgement to the greatness of Saban's system, even though they were frankly outmatched and also committed 5 turnovers to none by OM, they still almost won the game. That is incredible...especially against a team that may be as good as any in the nation.
webbmaster
Duck South Addict

Postby webbmaster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Alabama has some talented receivers. The problem is they are pretty raw largely due to the fact Amari Cooper got about 85% of the throws his way last year. Thats another issue in itself because the play calling reflected Kiffin thinking we still had Cooper. We get the ball back with 3 minutes to play, and he airs it out on the second play. Dink and dunk bro. That was working.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:55 pm

gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:19 pm

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Ok give Ole Miss complete credit for all 5 turnovers and everything else that happened except for that one crazy TD because that was an absolute fluke and had nothing to do with scheme or talent. So just take out that one play and what is the score of the game?
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:57 am

I, to this day, still do not understand Saban and the LK relationship??? Did he catch Nick cheating on his wife or something and blackmailed his way into the job??? Maybe LK is paying Bama??? Lane seems so much different than everything Saban wants his team to do. Run the football, use the clock, win the line of scrimmage especially by the fourth quarter, disciplined execution of all responsibilities among players on the field....I see very little of that with LK. False starts, people not knowing what they are going to do when the ball is snapped, terrible route running, etc, etc. What happened to the Bama that pays attention to every little detail all the way down to your shoe laces being tied a certain way??? I am starting to wonder if Saban is growing tired...maybe ready to retire or move on to another challenge??? Ole Miss ran 1 successful running play during the night...they ran it several times,,,forgive me for not knowing the kids name but it was a basic handoff to a wing back around the end. How many Tide teams you see not be able to set the edge??? Surely there are players on Bama team with all those #1 recruiting classes who can set the edge on such a play??? Bama is in trouble I think!!!
Are we gonna get wet?
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.

Return to “Sports Forum”